Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Giants Gameday Thread

One game, but man that hurt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Fuck, this just really sucked.

We played sloppy the whole game and had a chance to pull it out of the fire.

We just lost to a really bad team.

we're not a playoff team
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Anybody besides me kinda miss Mason Crosby ? I don't trust our kicker
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Barry has to go, or we are never a true contender.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

More Banjo thread posted.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Well, that's what happens when you play with your food.

The Barry defense is bend, not break, so of course they're going to give up a FG. They bleed yards until they can use the end zone to compress the field and make it hard for the opposing offense.

Packers beat themselves, mistakes all over - Love's fumble, then the bad pick (was it windy? He was throwing ducks like he didn't know how to throw), then the Nixon muff. Just awful stuff that hurt them. They should have been up by two scores at halftime, and were pretty lackluster. Seemed out of sync. I wonder if the game plan was too ambitious for the youngsters? They weren't on the same page and the offense looked off all night.

I'm going to be mad about this one, while I try to be philosophical. Long term, they should learn from it -- there were a lot of young-player-mistakes made. I really want them to win and make the playoffs, but mostly I want them to develop and make progress towards that. They were bound to have a bad game, and this was it. Hopefully they get this out of their system, TB is coming to town and that will be a fight.

Winning in the NFL is never easy, but it is darned near impossible when you lose the turnover margin. Our Online struggled controlling the line and our pass rush was non existent.

They need speed at running back, need to improve the oline and need to replace Barry.

That about sums it up. Well, and they need a corner and a couple of safeties.

And maybe a kicker? Jake Elliott is killing it in Philly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    And we need Jaire to stop giving GB the Bachtiari Treatment

I am really hoping he'll be back next week. Same with Jones. Especially because with all the receivers out, Doubs, Heath, and Toure are the top three receivers. Maybe the only three.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    He's just a kid. I think he'll turn it around and be good over the next few years. That said I think the same thing about everyone so don't listen to me.

Mike Daniels put it well. Why is GB so culturally jacked up on D? They can have solid coordinators, good players, etc but they rarely seem to put it all together. I'm unclear what would need to change to get there.

we're not a playoff team
    In the 14 teams make it era we are. But we are not a serious contender yet.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    YOU CAN'T BAN ME ON A STREAK!!
    You have lost your shine. Might even be targeted because of this loss.

Crosby wasn't as good as most believe. A career 81.4% kicker who didn't even reach 80% until year 5 and then followed up with 63% in year 6.

Carlson will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Crosby wasn't as good as most believe. A career 81.4% kicker who didn't even reach 80% until year 5 and then followed up with 63% in year 6.

Carlson will be fine.
    Or alternatively, there are few year-over-year locks in placekicking. I remember a lot of Mason Crosby "yips" moments. He certainly had power for a good long chunk of his career (and probably still might).
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Crosby's numbers suffered early because Mike would trot him out to try 50+ yarders. Mason had a pretty good leg when he was young. Kicking in Lambeau for half your games isn't going to help your % either; I bet Mason outkicked (in terms of %) the opposing team's K in home games.
    He had a few yips but generally was dependable, I think that's the thing we miss.

This Carlson kid isn't bad but we don't know enough about him. His preseason yips doubtless contribute to our worries, but he's been decent.

I think for as much as the offense lost the game with turnovers and sloppy play, the 2nd half defense might have been worse. Really disappointed they couldn't stop a 3rd string QB from having a career day.
    Playcalling, execution, you name it... ugly game for the Packers. Hoping that Reed doesn't have a concussion; they need healthy bodies at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Crosby's numbers suffered early because Mike would trot him out to try 50+ yarders. Mason had a pretty good leg when he was young.
    McCarthy loved those long field goals. When you’re the other team and the opponent trots out their kicker for a 58 yarder….. It feels like such a low probability play, but kickers make quite a few of them. But it feels like there is very little chance. When they go through the uprights, it feels like you just got kicked square in the nuts. It’s a momentum swing. Maybe McCarthy isn’t an offensive genius, but he’s got a feel for the psychological game, both in the lockerroom and knowing what kinds of things take the wind out of the opponents sails. I’m sure he knows those long field goals feel like a knife twist to his opponent.

And you should see the kicker he has now. That kid went out and knocked a 59 yarder and 61 yarder on Sunday. And they flew through the uprights like they would have been good from 70 or more. McCarthy is gonna fuck around and let that kid nail a 70 yarder. I have no doubt.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Watching a replay of the failed 2pt conversion made me realize that if Reed runs outside he makes it as Walker pancaked the db on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    You have lost your shine. Might even be targeted because of this loss.
    *sigh* It was fun while it lasted. I promise to keep tormenting skin every time Love has a good game though.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.