Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I want SPEED at ILB ....aka....Atlanta does great with getting speed there and it shows. Shazier and Mosley would have looked nice on this team but TT hardly ever trades up and those guys are gone by late round two. Hopefull one falls to us this year.

We need to utilize free agency.

I think this year showed us we have a bunch of holes
    Yes and use the CAP don't PINCH with it as TT did.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I want SPEED at ILB ....aka....Atlanta does great with getting speed there and it shows. Shazier and Mosley would have looked nice on this team but TT hardly ever trades up and those guys are gone by late round two. Hopefull one falls to us this year.

We need to utilize free agency.

I think this year showed us we have a bunch of holes
    Packers team defense= 20th

Atlanta team defense= 22nd

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers team defense= 20th

Atlanta team defense= 22nd

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

We're talking linebackers. Are you tryin to say those Atlanta LB'ers would not help us ? where the defenses ended up rating is silly to note. Of course you should not be held responsible to remember how badly Wist and I wanted the Falcons speedy LB in round two and that was the source of my chatter, even though I didn't explain it well enough. . He excels now; we have Jake Ryan
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

We're talking linebackers. Are you tryin to say those Atlanta LB'ers would not help us ? where the defenses ended up rating is silly to note. Of course you should not be held responsible to remember how badly Wist and I wanted the Falcons speedy LB in round two and that was the source of my chatter, even though I didn't explain it well enough. . He excels now; we have Jake Ryan
    Who do you not have then? And could that speed work in the former defense?

Wist overplays this, but you have to have some size to play ILB for Dom.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Who do you not have then? And could that speed work in the former defense?

Wist overplays this, but you have to have some size to play ILB for Dom.

On "this one" Wisty was spot on

We'd have Deion Jones

we would not have Jason Spriggs

I guess you an just pick one of he ILB Jags to cut.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Arden Key and Celin ferrell look decent

Is it just me or is this draft filled with less big names than other drafts? It sure seems week defensively. It looks like it's legit for OL based on some mocks.

Ugh, bad luck there. I guess OT is a big need for us but we really need a stud pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Is it just me or is this draft filled with less big names than other drafts? It sure seems week defensively. It looks like it's legit for OL based on some mocks.

Ugh, bad luck there. I guess OT is a big need for us but we really need a stud pass rusher.
    Murphy, McCray. I don't think OT is as big of a need with another offseason for both of them.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Murphy, McCray. I don't think OT is as big of a need with another offseason for both of them.
    If Bulaga is gone, it's a gaping hole on the line. See Ansah, Ziggy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If Bulaga is gone, it's a gaping hole on the line. See Ansah, Ziggy
    He's set to be an Unrestricted FA and Eliot Wolf's first major acquisition as Packers' GM.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Surely they'll franchise Ansah, no? Would be awesome though.

I mean Bulaga was missed dearly on Sunday. McCray was nothing more than an obstacle to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I mean Bulaga was missed dearly on Sunday. McCray was nothing more than an obstacle to go around.
    Spriggs, Murphy and Bulaga are all consistently unreliable. Will be interesting to see if some FA move is made to solidify that side of the line, because I don't think you want to rely on a new draft pick for 2018. Much depends on what the org thinks of Murphy I suppose.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

nm

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Spriggs, Murphy and Bulaga are all consistently unreliable. Will be interesting to see if some FA move is made to solidify that side of the line, because I don't think you want to rely on a new draft pick for 2018. Much depends on what the org thinks of Murphy I suppose.
    Bulaga might have issues staying healthy but he is light years better than Ulrick John and Spriggs is still rather green. Murphy is an unknown

Darnold and Rosen have both declared for this draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

Kind of Agree; if we want a stud LB or Pass Rusher it may be a rough year.

Kind of Agree; if we want a stud LB or Pass Rusher it may be a rough year.
    There's always guys to find...

2016 draft, I wanted Matt Judon... was banging the drum for him earlier than others had him rated - he's developing into a hell of a player. Baltimore took him in the 5th round, pick 146.

Ted took Clark, Spriggs, Fackrell, Martinez, and Lowry all before Judon went. Judon is better than all those guys.

Others guys I wanted that Ted spit on - that are better than anyone the Packers have are, Deon Jones, Telvin Smith, Brandon Williams, and Benardrick McKinney from recent memory.

Truthfully, I think Packerrats could have assembled better drafts than TT and that very questionable scouting dept.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    There's always guys to find...

2016 draft, I wanted Matt Judon... was banging the drum for him earlier than others had him rated - he's developing into a hell of a player. Baltimore took him in the 5th round, pick 146.

Ted took Clark, Spriggs, Fackrell, Martinez, and Lowry all before Judon went. Judon is better than all those guys.

Others guys I wanted that Ted spit on - that are better than anyone the Packers have are, Deon Jones, Telvin Smith, Brandon Williams, and Benardrick McKinney from recent memory.

Truthfully, I think Packerrats could have assembled better drafts than TT and that very questionable scouting dept.

That list is blast from the past ! Dude, I liked D Jones, Telvin Smith, and Brandon Willliams

But we would have had a fist fight last year when you would have tried to pass on TJ Watt

That list is blast from the past ! Dude, I liked D Jones, Telvin Smith, and Brandon Willliams

But we would have had a fist fight last year when you would have tried to pass on TJ Watt
    Yeah, i didnt trust Watt... he seems to be okay though.

Probably would have liked Watt more had he not come from Wisconsin... I'm a Badger fan, but I have an engrained distrust of Badger players transitioning to the pros.
    wist