Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
Oh I see what's going on here. I was assuming we were talking about Rodger's stint replacing injured Favre at Dallas in Nov. 2007. A week before that was when I saw Rodgers practice before the Thanksgiving game at Detroit and thought he was a keeper. Then he proved it at Dallas.
Gotcha. That fill in stint definitely moved the needle for AR with the public.

But there were still lots of complaints about his game into 2009.

But mostly I am contending we gotta give Hundley a few games to get it in gear with and against starters. And while his HC figures out how to help the kid get the ball downfield.

There is a gif of Hundley in the pocket early in the game. Pocket is noisy but clean and NO ONE is in the middle of the field. But Nelson, who probably had a middle of the field route, has noticed the single high safety drifted over to the Offense's right. So Jordy can run a go from the slot and be uncovered for a TD. He raises his hand but Hundley's eyes have come down to the pass rush, looking for an escape lane.

I bet it was a route adjustment and BH didn't quite see it as he was distracted by some pressure that was not imminent. Its going to take a while.