5 1 (138) Cole Madison OL Washington State
5 35 (172 comp) JK Scott P Alabama
5 37 (174 comp) Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR South Florida
6 33 (207, comp) Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame
7 14 (232) James Looney DE California
7 21 (239) Hunter Bradley LS Mississippi State
7 30 (248, from SEA) Kendall Donnerson OLB SE Missouri State

Okay, here is the skinny...

I really liked what Gute did in FA and on Day 1 of the draft. (Stop)

I can live with Josh Jackson in the 2nd. (Stop)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Everything thereafter is WTF????

- Burks is the worst player in the history of college football. Simply, "WOW" terrible... Great athlete, great combine - worst football player to ever put pads on.

- I like the WR's we picked as players, but all of them are vertical players - just not sure how they fit MM's offense. Still, they are pretty talented, so we'll see.

- Can live with the Madison pick. Typical Packer OL pick.

- 2 Special Teams guys?? WTF??

- Didn't even attempt to address pass rush, or OLB. This is the one that really has me saying WTF??

Matthews is slowing down, so is Perry. Wilkerson has to rebound to contribute. Based on comments from the podium, they appear to be banking on Gilbert a lot.

The fact that they even mentioned Biegel as a possible contributor speaks to how desperate the situation is.

4 players needed to be shown the door this offseason: Randall, Fackrell, Jon Ryan, and Biegel.

I applauded his dumping of Randall, but if they think they are going to get any production out of those other 3 guys, they are completely deluded.

I think a lot of the same organizational problems that have plagued the Packers for many years are still there. Next year - the predraft buzz will be all about pass rush, and I seriously doubt the Packers front office will make the necessary moves to get this team over the top.

Overall, after a very encouraging start to the Gute era, I think it is obvious it is the "same old Packers".

So...building on this post and Bretsky's, I think it was, would you Packerrats prefer the draft class as is, or Harold Landry instead of Jackson in the second, which would cost you one of your two fourths plus a fifth, which means you'd give up that punter and that Joe Thomas-like third round guy?

In other words, Wist, while you and I have serious disagreements in many ways, I agree with much of your analysis above.