Thread: ARE WE GIVING AROD A FREE PASS ??????????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I for one don't think we should give AR a free pass, injury or not. He is a highly paid professional, and needs to perform better, injury or not. If he doesn't, he should pay us all. Only then does he get a pass.

FREE pass??? Baloney!!
    I can't tell if your serious.

I've been thinking about Aaron Rodgers performance in the NFC championship game since that game began.

I have to develop my post.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

In the Divisional final Vs Dallas Aaron Rodgers numbers were:

24 of 35 (68.6%) For 316 yards and 3 TD and 0 Picks. His QBR was 125.42

All that sure looked encouraging.

In the NFC Championship his numbers:

19 of 34 (55.8%) For 178 yards and 1 TD and 2 Picks. his QBR was 55.76

He was one more week removed from his original calf injury date. He was given comprehensive treatment and afforded every positive measure for more recovery than we observed Vs Dallas.

Members here want to blame his very poor performance on the wind. His QBR fell of almost 70 Points. It was about 55 Points below his avg. QBR for the season.

What really was going on?

It was a lot more than the calf and the wind that threw him off his game folks.

We may never really know what it really was but damn Aaron Rodgers played poorly in the game vs Seattle.

I would love it if that man could be open and honest. To inform us of the TRUTH.

Do I blame him for the loss. He was just another part of that loss. Except 'he' didn't seem to be having a lot of fun.

Here at Packerrats we have or nearly have anointed Aaron Rodgers as the GREATEST QB in NFL History.

So the way he played on Sunday ...to play so much worse than he did Vs Dallas. Now in a huge game pass the ball as poorly as he did and not help more to bury Seattle in that game. I'm simply blown away by what I saw and terribly disappointed as that game was going and flipped the other way.

Give Aaron Rodgers a FREE PASS?

Are you kidding me. This whole thing really really stinks !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-20-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    In the Divisional final Vs Dallas Aaron Rodgers numbers were:

24 of 35 (68.6%) For 316 yards and 3 TD and 0 Picks. His QBR was 125.42

All that sure looked encouraging.

In the NFC Championship his numbers:

19 of 34 (55.8%) For 178 yards and 1 TD and 2 Picks. his QBR was 55.76

He was one more week removed from his original calf injury date. He was given comprehensive treatment and afforded every positive measure for more recovery than we observed Vs Dallas.

Members here want to blame his very poor performance on the wind. His QBR fell of almost 70 Points. It was about 55 Points below his avg. QBR for the season.

What really was going on?

It was a lot more than the calf and the wind that threw him off his game folks.

We may never really know what it really was but damn Aaron Rodgers played poorly in the game vs Seattle.

I would love it if that man could be open and honest. To inform us of the TRUTH.

Do I blame him for the loss. He was just another part of that loss. Except 'he' didn't seem to be having a lot of fun.

Here at Packerrats we have or nearly have anointed Aaron Rodgers as the GREATEST QB in NFL History.

So the way he played on Sunday ...to play so much worse than he did Vs Dallas. Now in a huge game pass the ball as poorly as he did and not help more to bury Seattle in that game. I'm simply blown away by what I saw and terribly disappointed as that game was going and flipped the other way.

Give Aaron Rodgers a FREE PASS?

Are you kidding me. This whole thing really really stinks !
    This is where the injury excuse immediately loses traction. He had better, more efficient games when his calf was worse. Yes of course his mobility would have come in handy, but come on the guy missed a bunch of throws.
    Some he made some he didn't, the ones he didn't were costly. The pick was a really poor throw. Was late and to the inside, essentially making it a jump ball between an all pro and a rookie receiver. Also a play few are talking about, when seattle jumped off early, jordy had is man beat deep and inside and a rod again threw late and short and it was broken up. Should have been a TD or at least a big gain. A lot of his slants were short and the screen passes were sloppy. He choked.....period. The points left on the field were just too much. The defense created 5 turnovers and held a shutout til the 3rd quarter. Wilson with his worst career game as a pro.
    Bostick, fake fg, play calling, all that doesn't matter if a rod and the offense is just average. He deserves ample blame.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    This is where the injury excuse immediately loses traction. He had better, more efficient games when his calf was worse. Yes of course his mobility would have come in handy, but come on the guy missed a bunch of throws.
    Some he made some he didn't, the ones he didn't were costly. The pick was a really poor throw. Was late and to the inside, essentially making it a jump ball between an all pro and a rookie receiver. Also a play few are talking about, when seattle jumped off early, jordy had is man beat deep and inside and a rod again threw late and short and it was broken up. Should have been a TD or at least a big gain. A lot of his slants were short and the screen passes were sloppy. He choked.....period. The points left on the field were just too much. The defense created 5 turnovers and held a shutout til the 3rd quarter. Wilson with his worst career game as a pro.
    Bostick, fake fg, play calling, all that doesn't matter if a rod and the offense is just average. He deserves ample blame.
    Please tell when ARod learned to be a choker between the 2010 Super Bowl Run and the Conference Championship game this year?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Please tell when ARod learned to be a choker between the 2010 Super Bowl Run and the Conference Championship game this year?
    Maybe you can elaborate on what you are asking exactly.....Since the super bowl run his clutchness and efficiency in playoff games has sorely been lacking. He was average against San Fran last year, we lose by 3. He was way below average in Seattle, we lose in OT. If he plays anywhere near the elite level we win both of those games. The game last weekend we win handedly. He missed easy throws, missed deep throws, and was pedestrian all game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Maybe you can elaborate on what you are asking exactly.....Since the super bowl run his clutchness and efficiency in playoff games has sorely been lacking. He was average against San Fran last year, we lose by 3. He was way below average in Seattle, we lose in OT. If he plays anywhere near the elite level we win both of those games. The game last weekend we win handedly. He missed easy throws, missed deep throws, and was pedestrian all game.
    where does Arod's average come from?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    where does Arod's average come from?
    My eyeballs? The laws of mathematics? What do you mean? He didn't have a good game , 170 yds passing 1 TD, two picks ,55% completions and he didn't capitalize on 4 first half turnovers from the opposing team to put the game away. In what way did have an average or an above average game? Seattle was beatable, their defense was beatable. His throws were late and off target and his decision making was bad. What other metrics should I use?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Was Roger's clutch in the DET game? Was Roger's clutch in the DAL game?

I agree that ARod didn't play as well as I would have liked in the SEA game. But even then with the whole team collapsing, when ARod had the ball in his hands he drove us to a FG to tie the game in the last minute of regulation.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Your second sentence negates your entire argument. You have absolutely no way of knowing when his calf was better or worse. In the days leading up to the Seattle game, some reported Packer comments that it was maybe a little better, some that it was no better, and some that it was a little worse. One Dr. who was interviewed said the injury needs almost total rest in order to really heal, and any aggressive use can cause a set back. He said he would expect it to be no better and probably a little worse against Seattle because Rodgers had basically two weeks of rest before Dallas, almost certainly set himself back because of playing the game, and then had only one week of rest before the Seattle game.

Rodgers was not that much better against Dallas, but his results were better. His accuracy has been lacking in all games since the injury. Even against Dallas, his throws were often late and a bit off target. However, many were still completed because Dallas' secondary is now where near as good as Seattles' and their DBs were not there to contest the poorer throws as much. Against better defensive coverage, you can't get away with poor timing and off target throws, against worse coverage you often can.

Your second sentence negates your entire argument. You have absolutely no way of knowing when his calf was better or worse. In the days leading up to the Seattle game, some reported Packer comments that it was maybe a little better, some that it was no better, and some that it was a little worse. One Dr. who was interviewed said the injury needs almost total rest in order to really heal, and any aggressive use can cause a set back. He said he would expect it to be no better and probably a little worse against Seattle because Rodgers had basically two weeks of rest before Dallas, almost certainly set himself back because of playing the game, and then had only one week of rest before the Seattle game.

Rodgers was not that much better against Dallas, but his results were better. His accuracy has been lacking in all games since the injury. Even against Dallas, his throws were often late and a bit off target. However, many were still completed because Dallas' secondary is now where near as good as Seattles' and their DBs were not there to contest the poorer throws as much. Against better defensive coverage, you can't get away with poor timing and off target throws, against worse coverage you often can.
    See Peyton Manning last year.

Seattle's game on the backend thrives not on interceptions but on immediately harassing the receivers. If the QB's accuracy is off even a bit and is not leading his receivers away from coverage and making tight throws, they're immediately pasting the receiver. If the QB floats his throws even a little, the balls are contested and often batted away. Rodgers, while still very good at finding open receivers, did not have his usual drive on the ball. The team was the reason the Packers almost won this game... particularly the OL and the defense... but if Rodgers is healthy the Packers probably score 35 points.

I was disappointed that Lacy was not more successful in the passing game... on the failed screen and the miscommunication, he had a lot of grass in front of him. I thought Jordy had a poor game for him also. He had the ball in the endzone that Rodgers deserves some blame for but that he usually goes after and he had another drop on a first down play that hurt.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I for one don't think we should give AR a free pass, injury or not. He is a highly paid professional, and needs to perform better, injury or not. If he doesn't, he should pay us all. Only then does he get a pass.

FREE pass??? Baloney!!
    I can't tell if your serious.
    Hi Woodbuck.

You can't? Note my reference to "free", the fact he is "highly paid", my call for him to "pay" us before we grant any pass and my final emphasis of the term "free" in the phrase "free pass". I thought it would be obvious I was kidding!

I'm sorry if I confused you!

Hi Woodbuck.

You can't? Note my reference to "free", the fact he is "highly paid", my call for him to "pay" us before we grant any pass and my final emphasis of the term "free" in the phrase "free pass". I thought it would be obvious I was kidding!

I'm sorry if I confused you!
    I'll try to be 'not confusing':

Aaron Rodgers was way off his normal style of play and his performance was far removed from what anyone should hope for from the NFL's MVP. He played lights out great Vs Dallas. Where was any semblance of a carry over?

The fact he received the best care and treatment in the week after the Dallas win should have enabled a far superior performance than we witnessed last Sunday in Seattle.

Aaron Rodgers play was a let down of considerable proportion and contributing clearly to the loss of the NFC Championship. I picked Seattle to win that game but I never imagined that Aaron Rodgers could look that bad.

He had little fire until his team fell into the hole. Today I'll watch the game for the third time. I don't believe I'll see much to explain 'his fail' in that game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'll try to be 'not confusing.'
    promise?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck