Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Some, not all, national guys (radio mostly) have been taking the opposite tack. They think the reality show was a catastrophe waiting to happen in vague but near certain terms.

However, two of these guys have advocated that Tebow should be in Jacksonville and Manziel was the obvious choice for Cleveland and they should let Johnny be Johnny. Some distractions and business bottom line considerations are allowed to intrude on football.

Which begs the question, would the Rams have though better of the show if they were getting a cut?
I guess my gripe is with the national "non football" media that is injecting itself into football. And I risk another warning about mixing politics and football. Sams is a hero to the left wing media. Vick deserved a second chance. Oil billionaire heir Jonny Football is a dick. Tebow is the worst kind of person. You don't see oprah, or anyone else asking why Tebow can't even land a backup contract. Its not like he is Jonny Jolly, Colt Lyerla, or Ray fucking Lewis...he is *gasp* a christian. I'm a fricking agnostic and I'm appalled by the way this kid is being treated. The media started a story line about inaccuracy, ignored his winning record, ignored him bumping off the defending superbowl champs, and basically let the NFL know that it would be a circus if anyone gave him a chance. Where is the story line about Michael Vick not learning what a hot read is in 14 (or whatever) seasons?