Thread: Packers 2015 Training Camp Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    1. Who will replace Tramontana as starting CB? Hayward

2. Who will be the extra cornerback in the Packers sub defenses? Hyde or double switch with Hayward and Randall/Rollins

3. Will anyone new emerge at ILB? Will it matter? I have a good feeling about Jake Ryan. ILB is one of those positions that rookies tend to sink or swim right away. I'd be nice if Barrington took a step forward but for some reason its hard for me to imagine. Bradford is a dark horse to not suck.

4. Can the Packers replace Matthews pass rush at OLB? (Second worst question because he was a better rusher from ILB than OLB last year) We have no shortage of pass rushers although none are of his caliber. I don't think he'll spend more than half his snaps at ILB anyways.

5. Are there enough good bodies to fill the D line rotation early in the season? More than enough. I think Pennel will be lucky to make this squad and he'd have no problem finding a job elsewhere.

6. Is the starting TE on the Packers roster good enough? (Altered from Oates question about whether one of them will be great - no need to engage in fantasy here) No. I think the best we can hope for is that Dickrod emerges as a red zone target. The blocking from this unit might be hard to watch again.

7. Can Scott Tolzien secure the backup QB job? Easily.

8. How many WRs will the Packers keep on the roster? (In Madison, this is known as the Abbrederris question) 5. Bretskey adds another push pin and red string to his dimly lit and smoke filled Badger conspiracy investigation bulletin board room.

9. Who will be the 3rd running back (a RB or FB)? Neal

10. Will Special Teams be improved? How can it not?

11. Can Tim Masthay return to form? He can.

12.Can Montgomery lock up both returner jobs? He'd pretty much have to be Devon Hester to get the punt return job from Hyde.
    Last edited by 3irty1; 07-27-2015 at 09:33 AM.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think the best we can hope for is that Dickrod emerges as a red zone target.
    Can we please make this a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    10. Will Special Teams be improved? How can it not?
    Don't tempt fate.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!