Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Super Bowl XLIX Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 29m29 minutes ago
    RT @TJLang70: I hope Gronk jumps on a police bike and rides it thru Seattle's locker room.
    i hope tj lang and every other asshole on the team that soiled the uniformed this season gets shipped out of town in the offseason

honestly, don't ever need to see any of the coaches or players wearing green and gold again. i'd rather watch us go full blown rebuild and spend the next 10 years going 1-15 then to watch any of these pussies play for us again

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...module=HP11_cp

Tom Brady wins Super Bowl XLIX MVP award

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:15 p.m. ... Updated: Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:48 p.m.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Eric Kay @ekaycbs
    this picture is fantastic

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 11m11 minutes ago
    With 26 sec on 2nd&g, you have to pass at least once to be able to use all 4 downs if necessary. Passing on 2nd keeps NE honest on 3 & 4 dn

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 26m26 minutes ago
    Marshawn Lynch asked if he's surprised he didn't get the football. Says "No." I ask him, Why not? Says, "Because football is a team sport."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i hope tj lang and every other asshole on the team that soiled the uniformed this season gets shipped out of town in the offseason

honestly, don't ever need to see any of the coaches or players wearing green and gold again. i'd rather watch us go full blown rebuild and spend the next 10 years going 1-15 then to watch any of these pussies play for us again
    Have another beer Red.

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 11m11 minutes ago
    That was the only interception thrown from the 1-yard line the entire @nfl season.

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli 9m9 minutes ago
    Carroll saved Belichick from being grilled over the inexplicable decision to not call timeout with :45 left. Even Andy Reid was shocked.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m4 minutes ago
    And now this. RT @ConorTOrr Darrell Bevell: "I call the plays." The plot thickens.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 3m3 minutes ago
    .@FieldGulls My guess is Bevell called it but Pete is standing up to take the head (he also didn't say no to call).

Well....

I guess McCarthy might not be the huge mental midget of coaches that we all thought. Pete Carroll just pulled a Mike Sherman.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Well....

I guess McCarthy might not be the huge mental midget of coaches that we all thought. Pete Carroll just pulled a Mike Sherman.
    and Belichick should have called a TO to stop the clock.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    That's twice in this year's playoffs he made a huge time keeping blunder. He almost lost their first game by taking a knee 3 times and not realizing he coyldn't run out the clock doing that.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 11m11 minutes ago
    With 26 sec on 2nd&g, you have to pass at least once to be able to use all 4 downs if necessary. Passing on 2nd keeps NE honest on 3 & 4 dn
    Or you can run it once and win the game.

The advanced statistical analysis of the game of football is such a joke. Claiming you "have" to pass is perhaps one of the most moronic statements I've ever seen. Vince Lombardi would take Brian Burke's analysis and file it right in the trash where it belongs.

Yep. I was shocked that he did not call a timeout with 50-something seconds left after Lynch got down to the 1.

Or you can run it once and win the game.

The advanced statistical analysis of the game of football is such a joke. Claiming you "have" to pass is perhaps one of the most moronic statements I've ever seen. Vince Lombardi would take Brian Burke's analysis and file it right in the trash where it belongs.
    Look at PFF's numbers for Seattle's runs at the 1 yard line in the last three years (all with Lynch). They were 10 of 23. Less than 50% success rate. That isn't advanced statistical analysis. That's a recognition that a run is less than 50% likely to succeed.

To increase your odds for either option to succeed, need to keep alive possibility that either could be called. That's why M3's empty backfield red zone is problematic. It was less problematic with Driver, Jennings, Jones and Ruvell (big target), but it leverages the defense against your call before the ball is snapped.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    3 of 8 passing isn't 50% either.

Either way your formation has to allow you to do both. The 5 WR sets or 4 WR/1TE sets remove everything but a QB draw.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Was hesitant to watch the game.....went for a ski at halftime and almost didn't turn it back on. Glad I did. What a finish.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    3 of 8 passing isn't 50% either.

Either way your formation has to allow you to do both. The 5 WR sets or 4 WR/1TE sets remove everything but a QB draw.
    Which is a fine option for Rodgers (healthy) or Wilson, less likely for Brady, though he has done it.

Look at PFF's numbers for Seattle's runs at the 1 yard line in the last three years (all with Lynch). They were 10 of 23. Less than 50% success rate.
    And they had two opportunities to give the ball to Lynch...which means your success rate "statistically" just jumped to 87%. Technically, they could've probably gotten a 3rd chance off if necessary if they had run the first play a little quicker. Now you are over 100%.

To increase your odds for either option to succeed, need to keep alive possibility that either could be called. That's why M3's empty backfield red zone is problematic. It was less problematic with Driver, Jennings, Jones and Ruvell (big target), but it leverages the defense against your call before the ball is snapped.
    I've got no argument there...if you are going to throw in the redzone, especially inside the 5 yard line, you should almost always do it off legitimate play action.

The point is...all the "advanced metrics" tell us that McCarthy and Carroll apparently did the right things...and both guys wound up losing.

So...are advanced metrics really to be believed in football?

And they had two opportunities to give the ball to Lynch...which means your success rate "statistically" just jumped to 87%. Technically, they could've probably gotten a 3rd chance off if necessary if they had run the first play a little quicker. Now you are over 100%.
    The probability wouldn't be additive. And the clock is a factor.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.