Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
That is certainly a possibility. I wrote in another thread that what we are seeing could be the start of a directional change, a precursor to a significant roster upheaval the next several years. I have long feared that Lacy could be John Brockington II, a guy who will have a 3-5 year career, then disappear.

But, I think it is just as likely that the train got derailed for some reason, and it can be back on track next year if not yet this year.

Time will tell.
For what it's worth, a glaring shortcoming of this team is and has been at TE and I think the Packers know it. The draft this year was weak in TE talent. I heard rumors of TT looking at the FA market (Gonzalez? Graham?) but, of course, nothing happened.

Patler, do you remember earlier this year when the Packers tried out several basketball players who seemed in the Gronk mold (at least physically) but none of the tryouts panned out? That right there was a signal to me that the Packers knew a significant weakness existed at TE. I can't remember if Nelson was healthy at the time of the tryouts.