Thread: Finish the sentence: Packers win the Super Bowl if...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Listening to national talk radio last week and they thought the teams most likely not to repeat as division champs were MN and Wash.
    Ya, I'm not ready to concede the division to MN. I think they will be a good team, but I'm not sure it will be more than "good". In 2015, their opponents out gained them in yardage, had more offensive plays, and while trailing in rushing yardage, their opponents averaged a solid 4.3/carry. There was and is a lot of hype about Stefon Diggs, but he remains unproven in my opinion. I think he sort of took people by surprise, with 25 of his 52 receptions for the year coming in the first four games that he played, and in those games he had 419 of his 720 yards. I'm not suggesting that he will bust by any means, but I'm not yet worried about playing against him. The same with Bridgewater. Bridgewater has been solid, but Peterson is what makes their offense go.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, I'm not ready to concede the division to MN. I think they will be a good team, but I'm not sure it will be more than "good". In 2015, their opponents out gained them in yardage, had more offensive plays, and while trailing in rushing yardage, their opponents averaged a solid 4.3/carry. There was and is a lot of hype about Stefon Diggs, but he remains unproven in my opinion. I think he sort of took people by surprise, with 25 of his 52 receptions for the year coming in the first four games that he played, and in those games he had 419 of his 720 yards. I'm not suggesting that he will bust by any means, but I'm not yet worried about playing against him. The same with Bridgewater. Bridgewater has been solid, but Peterson is what makes their offense go.
    If you listen to some MN fans they think their defense is he second coming of the '85 Bears. They think we are in decline and they are a shoe-in for the NFCN. Last year it took a poor season by Rodgers and our offense for them to win the division and they had to win the last game of the year to do so. Bridgewater is jag and you have to wonder when Father Time will finally catch up with AP.

If the players who take major steps back in 2015 return to form (Rodgers, Lacy, Adams, etc).

Last season seemed like a regression, probably due to an almost SB hangover plus the coaching staff shakeups.

Yes, we dropped the 3 games at home to the division rivals, but we also won in their houses as well. And those teams could barely put the Packers away despite the Packers playing some of their worst football in years. The Panthers are likely to take a step back, as are the Cardinals (young weapons, old QB, shaky line, NFC West likely improving). The Vikings are likely the biggest challenger for the division, but they'll be putting a lot of their chips in on a 31 year old RB who wasn't quite the AP everyone remembered.
    Last edited by Striker; 05-16-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If you listen to some MN fans they think their defense is he second coming of the '85 Bears. They think we are in decline and they are a shoe-in for the NFCN. Last year it took a poor season by Rodgers and our offense for them to win the division and they had to win the last game of the year to do so. Bridgewater is jag and you have to wonder when Father Time will finally catch up with AP.
    Their defense is good now, and had the potent to be very good. However, a good run game and defense with a weak passing offense wins the Super Bowl about once every 10 years nowadays. Minnesota has about an edge in overall talent (probably not as much as wist thinks), but I think it's close enough that Rodgers will be the great equalizer.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Their defense is good now, and had the potent to be very good. However, a good run game and defense with a weak passing offense wins the Super Bowl about once every 10 years nowadays. Minnesota has about an edge in overall talent (probably not as much as wist thinks), but I think it's close enough that Rodgers will be the great equalizer.
    If you look at raw numbers from the regular season last year -stats at nfl.com - their defense was only substantially better than ours when it came to scoring D. I think our offense is better than theirs and it isn't just Rodgers.