Thread: How good can Sam Shields become?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I am on the wait and see bench with Shields. I've seen a lot of guys run through this town as a flash in the pan.
    I would say I am president of the wait and see club in general, but one thing that makes me get excited about SS is that he has been tested. A guy can get sacks when a team isn't ready for him, or a defense is designed to give him a free run (Bishop first play). An LB can make tackles for a stretch by guessing well. A RB can get yards with superior blocking for half a season, but a DB in isolation gets tested over and over again. A rookie undrafted FA gets picked on. SS put a stop to that early, and every time a team tested him he passed it. You can't luck into that, you can't fake it. He is the real deal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I would say I am president of the wait and see club in general, but one thing that makes me get excited about SS is that he has been tested. A guy can get sacks when a team isn't ready for him, or a defense is designed to give him a free run (Bishop first play). An LB can make tackles for a stretch by guessing well. A RB can get yards with superior blocking for half a season, but a DB in isolation gets tested over and over again. A rookie undrafted FA gets picked on. SS put a stop to that early, and every time a team tested him he passed it. You can't luck into that, you can't fake it. He is the real deal.
    Nice post. Agree 100%.