Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What was I thinking... Dom is da man, lol

All those dismal numbers and embarrassing performances are on Ted... wait, what??? I'm so confused...

Which is it??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

All those dismal numbers and embarrassing performances are on Ted... wait, what??? I'm so confused...

Which is it??
    Do you think the packers are a dismal and embarrassing team?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Do you think the packers are a dismal and embarrassing team?
    No, of course not; however, the organization has a tremendous blindspot which rises to the level of being a fundamental flaw - and that is related to all things defense.

TT is ultimately responsible b/c he is the one that needs to fire Capers.

During a press conference year before, or last, Eliot Wolf admitted that the Packers don't value the ILB position very much - and that of course is born out in how they procure players for the position, and how perpetually weak we are in the middle of our defense. As I said, TT is ultimately responsible, but it is Capers who cares nothing about controlling the middle of the field; hence, his addiction to running that abominable 2-4 year in and year out, play in and play out.

Capers has fielded some of the worst defenses in NFL history during his time in Green Bay... yet he's still here.

No, the organization isn't an embarrassment - but Capers surely is.
    wist

Which is it??
    All I'm saying is everyone here knows your opinion on the matter. That dead horse ain't getting any deader. Maybe add something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    All I'm saying is everyone here knows your opinion on the matter. That dead horse ain't getting any deader. Maybe add something new?
    We're all stuck in the same ruts... including you, Ted, and Dom.

It is Ted who refuses to fire Capers, and it is Capers who keeps running that same piece of shit scheme, and it is the organization that keeps misjudging players - mainly b/c of Dom's input I'd guess - and the beat goes on.

Nothing is going to change - b/c the Packers have changed nothing. It isn't me... It's Ted's refusal to call a spade a spade, and send Capers off into retirement.

We have a puncher's chance b/c we have the QB - but for all intents and purposes, we're sunk before the opening kickoff of the season b/c of Capers.
    wist

We're all stuck in the same ruts... including you, Ted, and Dom.

It is Ted who refuses to fire Capers, and it is Capers who keeps running that same piece of shit scheme, and it is the organization that keeps misjudging players - mainly b/c of Dom's input I'd guess - and the beat goes on.

Nothing is going to change - b/c the Packers have changed nothing. It isn't me... It's Ted's refusal to call a spade a spade, and send Capers off into retirement.

We have a puncher's chance b/c we have the QB - but for all intents and purposes, we're sunk before the opening kickoff of the season b/c of Capers.
    And the beat goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    And the beat goes on.
    We're just the Cleveland Browns with a better QB.....

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    We're just the Cleveland Browns with a better QB.....
    Not too far off...

Rodgers goes down and we stumble to a 2-5-1 record; Brady is suspended for the Pats, and they go 3-1 and look good doing it.

Without Rodgers, the Packers are very much a sub .500 team.
    wist

Not too far off...

Rodgers goes down and we stumble to a 2-5-1 record; Brady is suspended for the Pats, and they go 3-1 and look good doing it.

Spot on, and I have been saying it for a long time as well. Rodgers makes TT and stubby look great, not anything they do on their own. Sure TT drafted Rodgers, but every draft pick has a degree of luck involved, be it good luck or bad.

Not too far off...

Roster composition or backup QB issue?

More impressed by NE year with Cassel as starter than last year's 3-1. Cassel could not hold another starting QB job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.