Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Other Games

Now they are claiming the back judge knew the rule but felt it was inadvertent. You fucking joking? The bullshit and luck this team inherits in that stadium is maddening.

Couldn't see it I guess.

https://vine.co/v/e2DKtaQ6rVD

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Now, Walker gets injured on a dirty cut block by Seattle when Walker was engaged with another blocker. Absolutely, should have been a penalty. Rewind it. One of the worst cut blocks I have ever seen. ESPN said the injury was gruesome and no need to replay it. Give me a break. Do they have a Seahawks fan running things in the studio or what?
    They changed the rules on cut blocking but its still legal in some spots. Was he on the LOS and did the guy come from elsewhere to hit him?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Now they are claiming the back judge knew the rule but felt it was inadvertent. You fucking joking? The bullshit and luck this team inherits in that stadium is maddening.
    Pete Carroll in his press conference was pretty clear the refs got it wrong and it was 'unfortunate.'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pete Carroll in his press conference was pretty clear the refs got it wrong and it was 'unfortunate.'
    I can't stand this team. Beating them twice would be wonderful. However, I am afraid enough of their D I would also be happy to skip it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Couldn't see it I guess.

https://vine.co/v/e2DKtaQ6rVD

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They changed the rules on cut blocking but its still legal in some spots. Was he on the LOS and did the guy come from elsewhere to hit him?
    Walker was over the OC. The OC was blocking him, and the RG came over and cut block him.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Walker was over the OC. The OC was blocking him, and the RG came over and cut block him.
    In line, on the LOS and adjacent, I think that is still legal.

I do agree with Paul Zimmerman, they should just outlaw blocks below the waist.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 1h1 hour ago
    Pete Carroll looks so nervous in this press conference you'd think they asked him if he lacked institutional control.

Brian Burke ‏@bburkeESPN 1h1 hour ago
    If illegal batting were called, DET has 1st-goal-1 with 1:45 and a .807 WP, meaning a missed call would be a .702 WP error.

70% change in likely game outcome with blown call.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Brian Burke ‏@bburkeESPN 1h1 hour ago
    If illegal batting were called, DET has 1st-goal-1 with 1:45 and a .807 WP, meaning a missed call would be a .702 WP error.
    70% change in likely game outcome with blown call.
    What the fuck was that, anyway? Jon Gruden must know the rules, why no discussion on TV of these bizarre circumstances. Not very peripatetic.

Lousy game, really. Maybe OK for Seattle fans. No fun to watch the Lions O manage 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    It is bull shit. If you read the rule it is pretty clear and NOT a judgement call like PI. Those seachickens are the luckiest bastards in the league getting calls like this at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It is bull shit. If you read the rule it is pretty clear and NOT a judgement call like PI. Those seachickens are the luckiest bastards in the league getting calls like this at home.
    I think the officials have always had some discretion as to intent. There have been plenty of fumbles in the end zone where players touch the ball trying to recover it, but are unable to do so before it goes out of the end zone. What made this one different is that Wright batted the ball without making any attempt to recover it. That's why it should have been a penalty, where as a penalty is not called if players make an unsuccessful attempt to recover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    No fun to watch the Lions O manage 3 points.
    Unless you enjoy watching the defense that stifled them.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think the officials have always had some discretion as to intent. There have been plenty of fumbles in the end zone where players touch the ball trying to recover it, but are unable to do so before it goes out of the end zone. What made this one different is that Wright batted the ball without making any attempt to recover it. That's why it should have been a penalty, where as a penalty is not called if players make an unsuccessful attempt to recover it.
    Yes, and this is exactly the excuse the refs are using that in the refs judgement the player was not intentionally tapping it out of bounds. And just like the last time this happened, the ref making the call is the only person on the planet who saw it that way.

What's kind of funny is that seemingly no one on the planet - not Jim Caldwell, not Jon Gruden, not the fans, nobody - knew this rule. Tirico never said a word. The coaches didn't bitch at all. It wasn't until after when somebody postgame interviewed a ref that this came up.

So essentially the rule was there but no one really seemed to know that. Had Caldwell or one of his assistants known the rule, he might've immediately jumped the officials about it, so they might've then huddled briefly (pretending it was their idea) and then thrown a flag. We've seen that happen - the coach jumps one of the refs, the light bulb goes on, the ref calls a huddle, there's a discussion, there's a flag. So it's not really officially a review of a non-penalty, because no one's asking for a booth view or anything - just dudes huddling to make sure they get the call right.

I still blame the Lions for this loss.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What's kind of funny is that seemingly no one on the planet - not Jim Caldwell, not Jon Gruden, not the fans, nobody - knew this rule. Tirico never said a word. The coaches didn't bitch at all. It wasn't until after when somebody postgame interviewed a ref that this came up.

So essentially the rule was there but no one really seemed to know that. Had Caldwell or one of his assistants known the rule, he might've immediately jumped the officials about it, so they might've then huddled briefly (pretending it was their idea) and then thrown a flag. We've seen that happen - the coach jumps one of the refs, the light bulb goes on, the ref calls a huddle, there's a discussion, there's a flag. So it's not really officially a review of a non-penalty, because no one's asking for a booth view or anything - just dudes huddling to make sure they get the call right.

I still blame the Lions for this loss.
    I was thinking the same thing no one said a word, including on this board, or the sports guy on the Detroit news this morning.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I was thinking the same thing no one said a word, including on this board, or the sports guy on the Detroit news this morning.
    When it happened I thought it was a fantastic play. By batting the ball out of the end zone there is no chance that he muffs the ball trying to catch it and potentially allowing DET to recover the ball.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The Westwood one guys (Warner) called it after watching a replay and were baffled how the Stripes got play going again so fast. I can't stand the TV heads so keep the sound down. Radio was talking about it following the play IIRC.
    C.H.U.D.