Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That Lions defensive line is tough. That may be the key - if this Packer offensive line, which is supposed to be better than anything they've had for a few years - can control the LOS.
    I think this was the evaluation during training camp before Barclay went down, then Tretter went on IR DTR, Bulaga got dinged in the first game and the Pack was forced to see how Sherrod would do as depth. If Barclay doesn't go down, perhaps Sherrod isn't even with the team anymore. The group went from being encouraging to having some quesiton marks. Linsley has been OK overall. It's RT that where depth has been tested to the max.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I think this was the evaluation during training camp before Barclay went down, then Tretter went on IR DTR, Bulaga got dinged in the first game and the Pack was forced to see how Sherrod would do as depth. If Barclay doesn't go down, perhaps Sherrod isn't even with the team anymore. The group went from being encouraging to having some quesiton marks. Linsley has been OK overall. It's RT that where depth has been tested to the max.

I'm going to guess that the Packers play it their usual conservative way, and both Bulaga and Hayward will not play. This means it's time for Sherrod to prove he can play in the NFL.

I think the Lions feel a stronger sense of desperation, so I believe their "questionables" will be active.

I was reading the Detroit Free Press about this game, and their so-called experts are picking the Packers to win. But what really caught my eye was this analysis of the Packer secondary: "Green Bay has one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL, but a suspect defense that's thin in the secondary ."

Whoa. This coming from a writer who sees, daily, the Lion's secondary, which lists the top three slot cornerbacks as out, and the offseason acquisition at safety, Idhegibo (sp?) as questionable.

Fairley is listed as having a biceps issue, and Ansah is also questionable. I don't know it all that will have an impact. But Bahkteria and the whole line need to have a really good game. It could make the difference.

And I am curious to see if the damn defense plays any better this week. It's time to show some sense of improvement, no? If they can sustain what they started against the Jest after that stupid first quarter-and-change, then good. If Stafford starts out tearing them up, I might just cry.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack