Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I disagree. Gunter is a natural at covering moves/patterns like what you find on the outside - even though he sadly lacks speed. I don't think he has shown the quickness, though, to jump a slant route or other quick patterns you'll see in the slot. Randall seems to get lost on moves and patterns, but he definitely has the quickness and athleticism to stop the quick hit stuff.
    Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.
    hahahahaha They're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what we think. I think maybe Gunter's slowness is overrated, though. He covered a lot of #1 receivers last year and only got beat a few times. Randall, on the other hand, played himself out of a job - although he might have been playing hurt. I still think you put your athletic but less instinctive guy (Rollins, maybe with Randall backing him up) on the inside and your guy with a knack for covering on the outside. Also, it seems like some teams are putting better receivers in the slot at times to take advantage of the matchup.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?