Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
Agree 100%. It's fashionable to say the Packers have a deep corps of WR's. The truth is they used to. In 2011 our starters were Jennings, Driver and Finley at TE. Jordy was a part-time starter with Jones and Cobb on the bench. Now that is a deep corps of receivers.

In the last few years we've lost Jennings, Driver, Jones and Finley. We've replaced them with...Boykin, Davante Adams, Janis and Richard Rodgers. That's a downgrade by anybody's calculation.

Jordy and Cobb are our starters. Cobb is a natural slot receiver and Jordy our natural downfield threat. Cobb is quick not fast. He's forced into a position of going downfield which is not his strength.

Seriously, the braintrust needs to get Adams and especially Janis into the picture ASAP. Adams is Jones-like. Janis is Jordy-like. We need their help now.

As for TE's? We should probably let them stay occupied blocking. None of them show any stand-out receiving ability.
Are you trollin' again? Because I don't want to embarrass myself by agreeing with you

Harlan, I'm pretty sure you are! Pretty rose coloured glasses talking about Jones' productive seasons, he is second probably only to Bush in hate spewed at him for inconsistent performances and missed opportunities!

Jones' career year is a push when compared to Cobb's second season. The only number that is better, the TDs, is an outlier, Jones' second best total there is half that.
Code:
2012 	Jones 	16 	64 	784 	12.3 	14
2012    Cobb 	15 	80 	954 	11.9 	8
You can't compare Cobb to Jones or Jennings, he plays a vastly different role in the Pack's offense. He is the successor to Driver's X role, he's shifty and quick, and fearless going over the middle. Driver was crazy durable, which is one thing Cobb has not been so far.

We'll see if Adams and Janis provide depth. Adams is off to a good start, Janis we haven't seen yet, but he was a 7th round pick so he's expected to take more time to have an impact. Boykin seems like a bottom of the roster guy who will be churned out.