Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
One of the most interesting things said in the article I linked in my previous post is this:

“The question is how are you deploying fronts in nickel?” Saints coach Sean Payton said. “You can get in some heavy run fronts in nickel, favorable defending the run and challenging defending the pass. It’s not just defending the nickel. It’s what’s the front and coverage you’re playing within it?”

The first thing I thought of when I read this is how Wist gives Capers a hard time about conceding the middle of the field. Would you say the Packers ran a "heavy front" (to quote Payton's term above) against the Vikings (or maybe a heavier front)?
Capers is very dependent on down and distance when determining whether to play heavy as Payton uses the term here. If the tendency is to pass, whether its 3rd and 11 or 3rd and 4, he might go six in the box in either case.

But they can go heavy, as they did against the Seachickens and the Jets. That's when you see Guion and Boyd instead of Daniels and Jones. The OLBs/DE can squeeze inside too.

One thing I read this week said the Packers, despite Peterson's absence, spent the majority of the game in Oakie, with very few 4-3 snaps.