Thread: HOF Game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    a stupid exhibition game that needs to be eliminated. kill half the preseason and the pro-bowl while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    a stupid exhibition game that needs to be eliminated. kill half the preseason and the pro-bowl while you're at it.

Definitely agree on the pro bowl.

For pre-season, season ticket holders get jobbed bad. I mostly agree on getting rid of half. With the severe limitations on off season and even training camp activities, it might have become a little more important.

Regarding playing in the hall of fame game. It's actually good for the team to see all the young guys who a borderline on making the team. That's pretty much all it is good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    For pre-season, season ticket holders get jobbed bad. I mostly agree on getting rid of half. With the severe limitations on off season and even training camp activities, it might have become a little more important.

Regarding playing in the hall of fame game. It's actually good for the team to see all the young guys who a borderline on making the team. That's pretty much all it is good for.
    This in an annual discussion, maybe we should just bump an old thread and skip the posting. I agree that season ticket owners get screwed. But I have no empathy for others and am totally cool with that.

From the team's perspective, more games can only better prepare the team for the regular season. Injury risk? Just play the bubble boys and nut squad for 95% of the plays.

I half-watch preseason games till I fall asleep. I'd like to see 6 preseason games - one every weekend. No downside. Those who complain about shitty preseason football must lack the will to change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    This in an annual discussion, maybe we should just bump an old thread and skip the posting. I agree that season ticket owners get screwed. But I have no empathy for others and am totally cool with that.

From the team's perspective, more games can only better prepare the team for the regular season. Injury risk? Just play the bubble boys and nut squad for 95% of the plays.

I half-watch preseason games till I fall asleep. I'd like to see 6 preseason games - one every weekend. No downside. Those who complain about shitty preseason football must lack the will to change the channel.
    Oh oh, we're mostly in agreement. I'm worried.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Definitely agree on the pro bowl.

Packers finally stopped charging the same price for preseason games and regular season games.

Our tickets are $56 for preseason and $108 for regular season. Last year it was somewhere around $85 for all games.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

a stupid exhibition game that needs to be eliminated.
    no, no, no - all they need to do is move the kickoff to the 50 yard line and it will be more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    no, no, no - all they need to do is move the kickoff to the 50 yard line and it will be more exciting.
    repped.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Nostradamus, I presume?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Nostradamus, I presume?
    ha!

can only assume whoever they (the nfl or hof) got to paint the field used oil-based paint which melted the rubber pellets together. love it!. so glad this happened so the Packers weren't subjected to the added injury risk.

edit: just saw the post above this one. so they heated it and then added paint thinner. lmao! what a cluster! lol