Thread: TT has quietly put together a very strong off season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    One thing I still don't understand is why do so many pile on Raji as if he is a bust? Which 5 NT were better than him? His position on the D has about as much glory potential as a G. Very few NT are famous.
    Raji was a good nose. He struggled when they tried to put him out on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Raji was a good nose. He struggled when they tried to put him out on the end.
    I should write this in a BJ Raji career post-mortem thread, instead of here.

I thought the story on him was that we got a stocky, short-armed, athletic one-gapper and plugged him into being a doubled-every-snap two-gapper. The move outside was supposed to make him disruptive, but tackles held off his t-rex arms with their yardsticks. Is that remotely right?
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

That's well summed up Patler.

TT has covered a lot.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    I should write this in a BJ Raji career post-mortem thread, instead of here.

I thought the story on him was that we got a stocky, short-armed, athletic one-gapper and plugged him into being a doubled-every-snap two-gapper. The move outside was supposed to make him disruptive, but tackles held off his t-rex arms with their yardsticks. Is that remotely right?
    That's exactly right - that and he didn't show the strength not to get pushed around when he played NT - or anywhere else. You just expect way more from somebody drafted as high in the first round as he was.

Clark is a different kind of player altogether - thankfully. I'm not saying he's J.J. Watt, but with all the outside rushing the Packers do, it will be nice to have some length and athleticism and "swat" ability in the middle, and at the same time, he hopefully is big and tough enough to stop the run when needed to do so.

Regarding scatback 3rd down RBs, I think the reason the Packers tend to stay away from them is preference for ability to pass block, and given the porousness of our O Line, that's probably for the best.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?