Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oh, so that explains the last 5 years........

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Oh, so that explains the last 5 years........
    Last five years Football Outsiders ranks (Defense/Offense)
    2016 20/4
    2015 9/11
    2014 16/1 (I would contest this one as by the end of the year, see Seattle playoff game, the Defense was outplaying the Offense)
    2013 31/9
    2012 8/3

2 years the Defense was Top 10. Another year it was more than playing well enough to win in playoffs.

The consistent issue has been pass rush, made much worse by the loss of Shields.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    2016 20/4
    2015 9/11
    2014 16/1 (I would contest this one as by the end of the year, see Seattle playoff game, the Defense was outplaying the Offense)
    2013 31/9
    2012 8/3

2 years the Defense was Top 10. Another year it was more than playing well enough to win in playoffs.

The consistent issue has been pass rush, made much worse by the loss of Shields.
    I see two consistent issues: pass rush and receivers roaming free in the secondary. Even when the D has had a pass rush (think 2009) we saw communication problems in the secondary. Not every week like now but against teams that knew how to create confusion through motion and stacking (Pittsburgh, Arizona in WC game).

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    2016 20/4
    2015 9/11
    2013 31/9
    2012 8/3

i would say, CONSITANT pass rush

we're very hit or miss, either we get to the QB, or we get no pressure at all and the guy gets all day to throw

its not like the reggie white sean jones days when the pressure was gonna be there on almost every single play

gotta make QB's jumpy and think they're gonna get drilled on every single pass, not just 5% of the time or whatever it is

thats what i see with the pass rush

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i would say, CONSITANT pass rush

we're very hit or miss, either we get to the QB, or we get no pressure at all and the guy gets all day to throw

its not like the reggie white sean jones days when the pressure was gonna be there on almost every single play

gotta make QB's jumpy and think they're gonna get drilled on every single pass, not just 5% of the time or whatever it is

thats what i see with the pass rush
    Sure, I think we'd all like to have the number one scoring defense in football like in 1996. Let's start here: Who is the current Reggie White, and how do the Packers acquire him?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Sure, I think we'd all like to have the number one scoring defense in football like in 1996. Let's start here: Who is the current Reggie White, and how do the Packers acquire him?
    It would have to be JJ Watt, right? His main problem these days is he can't stay on the field.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.