Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
Figuring out how to watch football has gotten to be too much work. I miss the days when the NFC was on CBS, and the AFC on NBC, Sundays at noon or 3:30 pm CST only, except for Thanksgiving, which was GB at Detroit. Every team played every week. I was adaptable enough to accept Monday night games on ABC. Still simple enough to know who carried any game. Then interconference games started, but always carried by the network of the visiting team. Simple:

GB vs NFC on CBS
GB at AFC on CBS
AFC vs GB at GB on NBC
GB on Monday night on ABC

Friday was high school football, Saturday college football and Sunday the NFL, with a single Monday night NFL game. Life was simple.

Then at various times a second Monday game, Saturday games, Thursday games, byes. Games in the middle of the night because it is played in a country where football is played in shorts and you can't touch the ball with your hands.

Even if I know when it is, I don't know who will broadcast it, and when I do know which if any network carries it I often have multiple channels of the same network. When the guide states merely "NFL Football" I don't know which has GB and which something else.

I don't like working this hard for casual entertainment.
This has lead to the death of boxing. When they went to pay per view only for any fight worth watching many were still hooked and ponied up. It worked until it didn't. Now, I never watch a fight anymore. To watch every worthwhile fight on TV required too much work. I slowly lost interest. The generation behind me couldn't afford to gain interest in their youth so they don't watch boxing. Now the sport is relegated to a couple superfights a year at best that only the most die hard care about.