Thread: Should They Stay Or Should They Go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    His season started with him on the bench because he was a 3 year veteran running routes incorrectly. It ended with you know what. I guess he didn't get the importance of just doing your job the way it's supposed to be done. Some people will probably accuse TT of making him a scapegoat for the NFCC loss, but he was probably on his way out of Green Bay before that happened.
    Yup. I think they were keeping him around because he (theoretically) knew the system and his assignments, and it was less trouble than training up a new guy at that point in the season. When you really think about it, it was a TJ Rubley moment all over again, and like Rubley they never guessed when he went off the reservation is would end so spectacularly.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Yup. I think they were keeping him around because he (theoretically) knew the system and his assignments, and it was less trouble than training up a new guy at that point in the season. When you really think about it, it was a TJ Rubley moment all over again, and like Rubley they never guessed when he went off the reservation is would end so spectacularly.
    Sounds like a new award has been given birth. The TJ Rubley Award. The Award that goes to the Packer with the most boneheaded play that cost the team a win.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!