Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I should invest in FB considering how much I use it. There was an article recently that predicted that FB would lose 80% of its users based on an epidemiological study. I LOL'd.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    I should invest in FB considering how much I use it. There was an article recently that predicted that FB would lose 80% of its users based on an epidemiological study. I LOL'd.
    MJZ - Social Media Change Denier. You troglodyte.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/hot-s...MzhXNyoA;_ylu=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    MJZ - Social Media Change Denier. You troglodyte.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/hot-s...MzhXNyoA;_ylu=

I don't buy into this; Facebook is growing on so many levels even if it loses some of it's users....the ad revenew and mobile are growng so fast.
    For what it's worth I'm not an investor in Facebook yet....still trying to figure this one out..........but they just reported, to my surprise, a dynamic report and growth outlook.
    Each time they've did this they follow through with a better quarter than projected.

Got any stock ideas ? I'm always game to research
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't buy into this; Facebook is growing on so many levels even if it loses some of it's users....the ad revenew and mobile are growng so fast.
    For what it's worth I'm not an investor in Facebook yet....still trying to figure this one out..........but they just reported, to my surprise, a dynamic report and growth outlook.
    Each time they've did this they follow through with a better quarter than projected.

Got any stock ideas ? I'm always game to research
    I was looking hard at FB at $29 but did nothing. I DO believe the research and I think they will need to adjust their business model and find other streams of revenue in the future. Americans are very privacy conscious and Zuckerburg is way too cozy with D.C. for me. I think he's capable of selling out his members if it benefits his own personal ambitions.

Personally, I think Twitter could have more permanence than Facebook in the long run. But, again, it's business model is also unproven.

But I can't complain about missing out of FB because my two single remaining stocks did outstanding. I'm getting gun-shy with individual stocks so I have been in the 'buy and hold' camp for a while. Watching Amazon cross the $400 barrier after I sold it at $13 in 2002 will do that to you.

Short-term, I do have a little cash that I will probably invest after there is a bigger correction. Long-term, I hate the Fed's interference in the Market and changing the rules as they go along. I think the Market is artifically high and several underlying systemic problems have still not been addressed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a major pull-back after November 2014 for domestic reasons or possibly sooner for international reasons.

Approval and construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline could change everything, however. Wow, imagine real jobs again and a country heading toward energy independence!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Long-term, I hate the Fed's interference in the Market and changing the rules as they go along. I think the Market is artifically high and several underlying systemic problems have still not been addressed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a major pull-back after November 2014 for domestic reasons or possibly sooner for international reasons.
    Agreed, and weening from it will cause a lot of turbulence in the market on its own, even apart from the real economic factors. Even the announcements months ago of the Fed pulling back sometime in the future made the market gasp.

I had several really nice winners that I almost sold two weeks ago. It is a relatively small account that I actively trade just for the fun of it. I wish I had now. I should anyway, because my gut tells me there are better things to go to right now than the ones I almost sold then. I should have spent some time over the weekend planning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post

Read and listed to facebook's conference call from last week; their earnngs, growth, and that call were scary good
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?