Thread: Week 4 Other Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Now, Walker gets injured on a dirty cut block by Seattle when Walker was engaged with another blocker. Absolutely, should have been a penalty. Rewind it. One of the worst cut blocks I have ever seen. ESPN said the injury was gruesome and no need to replay it. Give me a break. Do they have a Seahawks fan running things in the studio or what?
    They changed the rules on cut blocking but its still legal in some spots. Was he on the LOS and did the guy come from elsewhere to hit him?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They changed the rules on cut blocking but its still legal in some spots. Was he on the LOS and did the guy come from elsewhere to hit him?
    Walker was over the OC. The OC was blocking him, and the RG came over and cut block him.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Walker was over the OC. The OC was blocking him, and the RG came over and cut block him.
    In line, on the LOS and adjacent, I think that is still legal.

I do agree with Paul Zimmerman, they should just outlaw blocks below the waist.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In line, on the LOS and adjacent, I think that is still legal.

I do agree with Paul Zimmerman, they should just outlaw blocks below the waist.
    Same play was called tonight on the LOS. The only problem was it was not egregious. In fact, I don't think the Texans blocker even hit the Colts rushed below the waist. He hit him above the hip. Kind of weird because the more I read about this, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a penalty. Well, it should be illegal, but I"m not sure if it is. The Texans tonight was not nearly as bad as this block.

I did find video. I wish ESPN would have pointed it out. Maybe there'd be more buzz to make these blocks illegal.

This Ugly Block From The Seahawks Resulted In A Gruesome Broken Leg
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Same play was called tonight on the LOS. The only problem was it was not egregious. In fact, I don't think the Texans blocker even hit the Colts rushed below the waist. He hit him above the hip. Kind of weird because the more I read about this, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a penalty. Well, it should be illegal, but I"m not sure if it is. The Texans tonight was not nearly as bad as this block.

I did find video. I wish ESPN would have pointed it out. Maybe there'd be more buzz to make these blocks illegal.

This Ugly Block From The Seahawks Resulted In A Gruesome Broken Leg
    Yeah, I saw the block that got called tonight. It might be illegal, but the explanation from Dumb and Dumber wasn't right.

From that link:

Again, to reiterate, this type of chop block is legal. On a running play, an offensive lineman can engage a player below the waist provided he is not more than one position away from the initial block. In layman’s terms, the right guard can chop the nose tackle engaged with the center. The right tackle cannot.
    So the Colts-Texans call was because it was a pass. The Seahawks non-call was because even if you judged it to be a chop block (two guys engaged on one defender, one high and one low), its legal if its a run play and they are adjacent.

From that link:

So the Colts-Texans call was because it was a pass. The Seahawks non-call was because even if you judged it to be a chop block (two guys engaged on one defender, one high and one low), its legal if its a run play and they are adjacent.
    ???

I always thought you couldn't hit low if he was already engaged. Never seen this convoluted verbiage before.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...