Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So you actually believe that the Lions, a franchise that has not been able to tie its shoes before heading out to play a game, has seen four times the number of players in the offseason as the Packers?
    Thats not fair. They tie them, then EDS unties them.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    no, they count meeting a player in private at their pro day as a meeting

he might have watched those 12 guys at the badgers pro day, but it looks like he slinked out of there right after the workout without talking to anyone

which makes sence because he's not even close to being a people person
    You can knock ted for not signing big free agents, but honestly his track record in the draft is damn good. You are doing the political thing where you form an opinion and then desperately search for facts and story lines that fit it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I think you guys are nuts to think dunderdummy is doing a good job... the results and statistics simply do not validate your support for him.

It is obvious he and TT are not on the same page in the least - and since both are still in their long-standing positions, and that is not likely to change until we fans are long since in the grave... why would any of you expect anything to change??

We've been hashing this out for years, and for years we've been watching the same movie in reruns - yet you guys keep hangin in there. I'll give you credit for loyalty, but loyalty isn't winning us championships.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As for the draft...

This is as wide open a draft as I can ever remember. Some of the sites I was looking at had Melifonwu going in the 3rd-4th round, now I see him being mocked in the 1st. Figures - all the guys I want are steadily being moved up the boards - and we either won't have a shot at them, or TT will spit on them anyway.

A lot of the corners I've been looking at seem to be carbon copies of Randall and Rollins. I think Rollins would be the better player in the right system, but Capers isn't capable of coaching or calling anything but man-to-man.

Which makes players like Reddick and Melifonwu completely useless to us. Capers refusal to play zone, and his refusal to adjust his scheme and playcalling to the strengths of the players takes a lot of very good players off our board. If TT goes ahead and drafts them - dunderdummy will stubbornly misuse them.

Still, as a fan I have to hope that he'll get his head out of his ass and that TT and Packers scouting dept will suddenly get things figured out on the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately, there's next to no chance of that happening.
    Wist you contradict yourself. Capers made his name playing zone. He has adjusted to young talent not immediately learning the nuances of zone coverage by playing man...i.e. adjusting to the talent he has. Go look up zone blitz sometime. I know you won't have to, you know better, but like Red you are making an argument I don't even think you believe because it fits your preconceived notion about Capers.

How many people remember the charge that Ted didn't know how to draft Offensive Lineman because he did not value them enough?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ine/100570368/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

How many people remember the charge that Ted didn't know how to draft Offensive Lineman because he did not value them enough?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ine/100570368/
    Crossed my mind many times. I might have even contributed to that meme since I value OL more than most. I sure hope he hit on spriggs. Anyone hear anything about his weight this offseason? Hope he was hanging around Lacy for awhile.

So in last day, allegation was dug up of Mixon in another altercation with a woman, this time in HS. Might have been Facebook post about it at time by the girl's father.

The guy who posted it has now recanted the claim, saying he posted the charge before knowing the whole story. Mixon's lawyer released a recent statement from the guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-was-recanted/

Earlier mention of the HS report during the investigation of the college punch: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...exual-advances
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-19-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

McGinn on the running backs: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...0b72fb80d766cc

On Mixon
    This month, the Journal Sentinel asked executives in personnel from 11 teams this question: What round, if any, would you feel comfortable drafting Joe Mixon?

Six personnel men said they had made the decision not to draft Mixon under any circumstances. Of the three that would select Mixon, one said first round and two said third round. Two executives declined to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Wist you contradict yourself. Capers made his name playing zone. He has adjusted to young talent not immediately learning the nuances of zone coverage by playing man...i.e. adjusting to the talent he has. Go look up zone blitz sometime. I know you won't have to, you know better, but like Red you are making an argument I don't even think you believe because it fits your preconceived notion about Capers.
    I remember when Capers was hired some people questioned if that would reduce Al Harris' effectiveness, since Al seen as a man guy. Another reason Capers may have gone more man in recent years is because Shields was not seen as a zone guy. I wonder if the approach will change now that Shields is out of the picture.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 34s34 seconds ago
    NFL notified teams that Michigan’s Jabril Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine, league sources tell ESPN.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    No way he's there at our second round pick is there? I'd take him to fill Hyde's position.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    No way he's there at our second round pick is there? I'd take him to fill Hyde's position.
    Hard to know. But I would like to know just how diluted the sample was.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 34s34 seconds ago
    NFL notified teams that Michigan’s Jabril Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine, league sources tell ESPN.
    Same thing happened to Reuben Foster who is a real piece of work. Apparently, Foster got into a fight with a hospital worker at the combine!
    Alabama ILB Reuben Foster failed his Combine drug test.
    Foster's sample was diluted, which counts as a failed test. He's now in the league's substance-abuse program. Foster claims he failed the test because he was extremely ill and taking in an exceptional amount of fluids. This adds to a nightmare Combine for Foster, who was sent home after getting into an altercation with a hospital worker. Foster is recovering from shoulder surgery. Foster is an elite talent, but could fall to Day 2 because of his growing off-the-field concerns.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Sackseer numbers from Football Outsiders: Its their projection Edge players in the pros. It like athletic measurables, sack and pass defense production.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl.../sackseer-2017

In order:
    1. Myles Garrett (doesn't think he is Von Miller though, as other pundit's have claimed)
    2. TJ Watt
    3. Tyus Bowser, Houston
    4. Derek Barnett, Tennessee (this group of three behind Garrett are very close)
    5. Solomon Thomas, Stanford
    6. Jordan Willis, Kansas State
    7. Takkarist McKinley, UCLA
    8. Taco Charlton, Michigan

Bust Alert:
    1. Charles Harris, Missouri - not a first or second rounder, plays more like run stuffer

Previous versions of this have liked Nick Perry.

Sackseer numbers from Football Outsiders: Its their projection Edge players in the pros. It like athletic measurables, sack and pass defense production.

In order:
    1. Myles Garrett (doesn't think he is Von Miller though, as other pundit's have claimed)
    2. TJ Watt
    3. Tyus Bowser, Houston

Bust Alert:
    1. Charles Harris, Missouri - not a first or second rounder, plays more like run stuffer

If this has any significant correlation to success, I'd be happy with Watt. Up until this point, I'm not sure I wanted him in the first...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I should also state, however, that I have zero knowledge of prospects at this point. I don't watch college or youtube videos, and I build my opinion based on this forum and the occasional mock draft/article.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    If this has any significant correlation to success, I'd be happy with Watt. Up until this point, I'm not sure I wanted him in the first...
    The record of this one is pretty good, especially at sniffing out fan favorites and putting the kibosh on the hype. But they also have a few misses on both sides.

In order:
    2. TJ Watt
    3. Tyus Bowser, Houston

Bust Alert:

I don't want Watt or Harris in the 1st round.

I think Harris has lost some athleticism, speed, and bend as he has put on weight; and, I don't think Watt is a 1st round talent at this time. He might be a 1st round value in a few years as he fills out and gets stronger; but that, by definition, makes him a developmental project.

Off of that list I wouldn't want Willis in the 1st either... I think he's a decent player, but he has a limited ceiling.
    wist

I can't speak for this guy as an actual scout, but every draftnik I read believes his reporting. He has a final roundup of rumors from each team, which is nice because it reminds me of the mock draft Paul Zimmerman used to do, repeating each rumor as he heard it and then making fun of the dumber ones.

Green Bay Packers: A source on the scouting staff said the plan is to go defense early and often in this draft, unless a surprise player falls in Round 1. The same source said Joe Mixon is very much in play in Round 2. He remains on their board.
    Matt Miller: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...big-board-more

Teams to worry about taking your favorite CB

Bills - Marshon Lattimore
    Bears - Marshon Lattimore
    Cowboys - Kevin King and potentially Cordrea Tankersley
    Texans - Gareon Conley and Marlon Humphrey
    Rams - someone
    Saints - Marlon Humphrey
    Eagles - Conley
    Seachickens - someone
    Buccaneers - Chidobe Awuzie
    Titans - Marshon Lattimore