Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The offensive line needs depth especially if Tretter and Lang do not resign. I would think that they would give Barclay a shot at guard, but possibly move Bulaga inside and try Spriggs at Right Tackle.
    Then look for the Packers to snag a couple of linemen no sooner than the middle of the draft.

Perry is going to cost an awful lot of money. Based on his production on the last 5 years he isn't worth it, but since the 2015 playoffs he has been a difference maker off the edge. I don't put a lot of faith that a guy like Frackrell is ready to start, and Peppers could be signed for a million bucks but he is no longer a difference maker that has to be accounted for by opposing offenses. Jones has also been a disappointment and the fact they can't find a position for him means he should look to move to a 4-3 defensive scheme as an end. The is a more serious situation that to me is more of an issue than cornerback. They have to get players that can consistently disrupt the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The offensive line needs depth especially if Tretter and Lang do not resign. I would think that they would give Barclay a shot at guard, but possibly move Bulaga inside and try Spriggs at Right Tackle.
    Then look for the Packers to snag a couple of linemen no sooner than the middle of the draft.

Perry is going to cost an awful lot of money. Based on his production on the last 5 years he isn't worth it, but since the 2015 playoffs he has been a difference maker off the edge. I don't put a lot of faith that a guy like Frackrell is ready to start, and Peppers could be signed for a million bucks but he is no longer a difference maker that has to be accounted for by opposing offenses. Jones has also been a disappointment and the fact they can't find a position for him means he should look to move to a 4-3 defensive scheme as an end. The is a more serious situation that to me is more of an issue than cornerback. They have to get players that can consistently disrupt the passing game.
    Right on. Not sure what will happen with Tretter. He might bee back. Perry.... hope it's reasonable.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    It's what I have been saying for the last couple of days.