Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
I agree about Dillon, but only if he's cheap. And yes, I want a quality speed RB to rotate with Jones.

I'm not so negative on Savage, though. There's a lot I haven't liked about him, but he's our only speedy Safety, and if we are gonna play single high Safety a lot, that's what we need. I've read people say Savage isn't suited for that role. No, that's exactly what he is suited for. These bigger hard hitting Safetys - Owens, Johnson, maybe Ford, the kind of Safety I like to have at least one of on the field - are not fast enough to be that "centerfielder".

Bakhtiari gone, hell yeah. Campbell gone? strongly likely.
A high single safety is basically playing a really big zone. Savage has proven his instincts just aren't that great. Just like playing CF in baseball if you break .7 seconds later on a ball you lose 19 feet of coverage. .35 seconds you lose 8.5 feet. Thats if you run a 4.4 like savage did. So lets say Savage breaks .175 seconds later than a guy running a 4.5. He is 3 feet later getting to the point. Thats a catch. That is missing the angle on a tackle. Savage doesn't have the instincts to play that role like Earl Thomas did.