Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

We get into the record books for giving up the biggest halftime lead in an NFC championship game.

There are currently 1451 users online. 49 members and 1402 guests
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    A lot of things happened. There is no way to deny the fact that if the onside is recovered, the Packers are in the Super Bowl right now.
    Who is to say they don't turn it over? You don't know and I don't either......lots of plays, one guy didn;t lose it.

You can look at this or that...but I'm just stunned. That was the epitome of the wheels falling off. There are about 10 different things that could've happened on defense to change the outcome. And on offense.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I'm saying that fans always blame the coaches, but the players were in perfect position to go to the Super Bowl with a 12 point lead and 3 minutes to go. They didn't cover Lynch out of the backfield, bit on the fake to Lynch on the Wilson TD. They let an onside kick hit them in the head and allowed Seattle to recover. They missed numerous tackles on the Lynch run. They didn't knock down a duck that was in the air for 3 seconds on the 2 point conversion. Then, they allowed Kearse to get behind them in OT.

The players belly flopped. They choked. I'd love to say the coaches screwed the pooch, but that really didn't happen.
    Correct. This was about players not making a play when they had to. The 2 pointer, the onside kick, etc. Burnett makes a play and then doesn't extend it for a possible score with 5 minutes (?) to go. MM has very little to do with this loss. It's on the players.

Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I disagree. Imagine if, after Burnett's interception, Belicheck was the head coach instead of Stubby. I guarantee we don't lose the game. You don't win the game by taking a knee, especially when Seattle has all its timeouts. You win by making a 1st down. We've done it several times earlier in the season.
    Exactly... MM did his bit to piss it away, and dunderdummy reverted to his usual form - a leopard and his spots.

Did ya like those Marshawn Lynch runs up the middle when dunderdummy abandoned the middle of the field - as he always can't wait to do, lol...

Knew it was over when MM started taking a knee with 5 minutes left.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    We get into the record books for giving up the biggest halftime lead in an NFC championship game.

Ohh no ! Are you serious !?

LINK please.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    There are currently 1451 users online. 49 members and 1402 guests
    all of them pissed off, most of them drinking heavily

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    You can look at this or that...but I'm just stunned. That was the epitome of the wheels falling off. There are about 10 different things that could've happened on defense to change the outcome. And on offense.
    it was a bad dream

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    all of them pissed off, most of them drinking heavily

I got the second one covered.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Exactly... MM did his bit to piss it away, and dunderdummy reverted to his usual form - a leopard and his spots.

Did ya like those Marshawn Lynch runs up the middle when dunderdummy abandoned the middle of the field - as he always can't wait to do, lol...

Knew it was over when MM started taking a knee with 5 minutes left.
    I knew we were in trouble when Capers started to rush Wilson with two or three guys. I'll have to watch again to say when that was. But during the game in this thread I wrote "Prevent?" a couple of times.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I've watched a lot of Patriots games this season. One thing that I really like about hoody, is he can plug just about anyone in at most positions and they are more than adequate. Stubby has trouble with this even with the best talent.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    If he scores on the pick instead of sliding, if if if if.....lots of ifs, that was just one.
    If Burnett fumbles or has it stripped during his return and gives the ball back to Seattle, he's the goat. When the Packers got the ball back, they needed the same offensive effort that got them in range for the game tying field goal. The Packers were good today, just not good enough for long enough.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

It's called putting the players in a position to succeed. All that stuff you cited would be academic if Stubby is aggressive after Burnett's interception instead of passive.
    I still think every coach in the league would call 3 running plays with a 19-7 lead, under 5 minutes to play, and a defense that had played lights out the entire game. The defense choked in the final 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Correct. This was about players not making a play when they had to. The 2 pointer, the onside kick, etc. Burnett makes a play and then doesn't extend it for a possible score with 5 minutes (?) to go. MM has very little to do with this loss. It's on the players.
    This was simply in the full extent of it a TEAM LOSS !

MM has his fair share of blame. He left too many points off the board early in the game.

That is flat out a fact that contributed to this team loss.

Yes, a lot if's - but even with those if's - if MM and dunderdummy don't each of them crawl into a shell - we still win the game.

MM beginning to take a knee at the 5 min mark; dunderdummy's amazing 3 man rush, and cover no one defense on 3rd and forever, his abandoning the middle of the field and playing a 2-4 which allows Lynch to simply run up the middle for a 1st down on 3rd and 6, and allows him to run up the middle for 13 yds, and 14 yds, on and on...

All of those things are coaching decisions that absolutely killed us.
    wist

But during the game in this thread I wrote "Prevent?" a couple of times.
    copying my posts again

We sure could have used Jermichael Finley today, don't you think??
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, a lot if's - but even with those if's - if MM and dunderdummy don't each of them crawl into a shell - we still win the game.

MM beginning to take a knee at the 5 min mark; dunderdummy's amazing 3 man rush, and cover no one defense on 3rd and forever, his abandoning the middle of the field and playing a 2-4 which allows Lynch to simply run up the middle for a 1st down on 3rd and 6, and allows him to run up the middle for 13 yds, and 14 yds, on and on...

All of those things are coaching decisions that absolutely killed us.
    yep