Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

This guy will be available in mid Feb. '15. Chris Carter's son who played 2013-14 in the CFL with the Montreal Alouettes.

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...ayer40369.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nesota-Vikings

6 ' - 5 " - 205 lbs ... WR Duron Carter - Florida Atlantic
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...ker-mel-kipers

Mel Kiper's first mock draft

By: Kevin Cusick

Posted: 01/15/2015 12:01:00 AM CST | Updated: a day ago

" -- The Packers will take Florida State defensive tackle Eddie Goldman with the No. 30 pick.

That's Kiper's subtle way of predicting Green Bay will lose to Seattle in Sunday's NFC championship game. "
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Do we draft 30th??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...ker-mel-kipers

Mel Kiper's first mock draft

By: Kevin Cusick

Posted: 01/15/2015 12:01:00 AM CST | Updated: a day ago

" -- The Packers will take Florida State defensive tackle Eddie Goldman with the No. 30 pick.

That's Kiper's subtle way of predicting Green Bay will lose to Seattle in Sunday's NFC championship game. "
    lol... didn't see ur post woody when I asked if we're 30th... guess we are
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    lol... didn't see ur post woody when I asked if we're 30th... guess we are
    Mel Kipper Jr. thinks we'll pick at the NO. 30 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Mel Kipper Jr. thinks we'll pick at the NO. 30 spot.
    Pretty sure we're going to lose - so I think that's a safe bet...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Pretty sure we're going to lose - so I think that's a safe bet...
    I find it difficult to bet against Aaron Rodgers.

Stop threadshitting, wist. The purpose of discussion here is not to speculate about which draft slot we will have after tomorrow. We're all eminently capable of waiting the 17 hours it will take to know for sure, so GTFO of this thread if you can't contribute.

30th it is. Last time Packers picked 30th was 1997 with Ross Verba. Also Tom Cichowski in 1966, Gordie Soltau im 1950.

Feel bad for the Packers personnel guys and coaches. Players can just get away from football for a few months if they want. But TT and company have to start preparing for the draft and free agency. Senior Bowl is next Saturday. I would be finding it difficult to get motivated.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Rankings, Draft position and scouting reports here and here.

1. Eddie Goldman DT, Florida State
    I saw this guy play many times at FSU. One of the best run stuffers in the draft. Rated consensus "instant starter" by scouts.
    "His power at the point of attack and ability to discard blockers and actually make plays rather than just eating space will have 3-4 teams very excited about their potential nose guard of the future. However, his lack of pass-rushing prowess could limit just how high he rises on draft boards."
    Others I haven't seen play that may be available: Malcom Brown, Jordan Phillips

2. Paul Dawson OLB/ILB, TCU
    I haven't seen this guy play, but he may be the best LB in this draft. He's rated an "instant starter" and may fall to us because some scouts worry about his intangibles.
    "Always plays downhill, attacking line of scrimmage. Second-level ghost who is a nightmare for offensive linemen to engage. Instantly unlocks hips and bursts to chase outside. Smooth lateral movement with ability to change direction and mirror running back into the hole. Gets skinny and slips blocks. When blocked, doesn't stay wired to blocks. Chases sideline to sideline. Excels in pass coverage, allowing just 35.7 percent of passes against him to be completed. Tough play demeanor. Plays hard and practices hard."

3. Jesse James TE, Penn State
    I've watched film on this guy. At 6'7" 254 lbs. he plays like a man among boys on the field. Anybody here seen him play? Can he be our version of "Gronk?"
    "A true junior, James leaves Penn State with 11 career touchdown receptions, breaking a tie with College Football Hall of Fame inductee Ted Kwalick against Maryland this past November for the school record by a tight end. - Penn State football."

4. Tyler Lockette WR/Returner, Kansas State
    I watched this guy in the Alamo Bowl put his team on his back and almost beat UCLA. 13 catches; 164 yds; 2 TD's; 2 kick returns; and 2 punt returns. He reminds me of Greg Jennings. Scouts say he's undersized at 5"10" 181 lbs. I say his size is why he'll fall to us and make our kick return game fearsome. He's a deep threat and slot insurance for Cobb.
    "Intelligent player on field who has clearly learned from his father. Nuanced route runner with ability to sell. Will vary route speed and is proficient with double moves. Scouts say his personal character and football character are top-notch. Has a knack for making explosive plays as a receiver and return man. Steps up his game when matched up against top competition across from him. Likes to block."

5. Sean Mannion QB, Oregon State
    I don't know much about this guy except he's 6'6" and 229 lbs. and that his scouting report is impressive. A year or two learning under Arod and we might have something.
    "When he feels secure in the pocket and has the time to step into his throws correctly, Mannion's touch on intermediate and vertical passes is as impressive as any quarterback in the country. He lofts the ball with perfect trajectory over the shoulder of his receivers and allows them to go get it, demonstrating pinpoint accuracy to lead his target away from defenders. Mannion has an easy, natural throwing motion and he's well-versed in coach Mike Riley's pro-style offense, which asks him to take snaps from under center as well as from the gun. While he can drive the ball when needed, it cruises, rather than explodes out of his hand."

5c. Rob Havenstein OT Wisconsin
    We all know this guy. Why not?

5c. Josh Robinson RB, Mississippi State
    I've seen this guy many times play in the SEC down here against top notch competition. He reminds me of Emmitt Smith, believe it or not. He's a one cut RB with power and shake and bake. Plus, he can catch the ball with the rest of them. He's not a speed merchant. At 5'9" and 215 lbs. he may last until the 5th round.
    Film is on YouTube.

6. Jordan Taylor WR, Rice
    Don't know him from Adam, but he's 6'5" 204 lbs. and another red zone target for Arod.

7. Kyle Loomis P, Portland State
    Best punter in the country...and it looks like our punter needs competition.

c - Compensatory
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Rankings, Draft position and scouting reports here and here.

1. Eddie Goldman DT, Florida State
    I saw this guy play many times at FSU. One of the best run stuffers in the draft. Rated consensus "instant starter" by scouts.
    "His power at the point of attack and ability to discard blockers and actually make plays rather than just eating space will have 3-4 teams very excited about their potential nose guard of the future. However, his lack of pass-rushing prowess could limit just how high he rises on draft boards."
    Others I haven't seen play that may be available: Malcom Brown, Jordan Phillips

2. Paul Dawson OLB/ILB, TCU
    I haven't seen this guy play, but he may be the best LB in this draft. He's rated an "instant starter" and may fall to us because some scouts worry about his intangibles.
    "Always plays downhill, attacking line of scrimmage. Second-level ghost who is a nightmare for offensive linemen to engage. Instantly unlocks hips and bursts to chase outside. Smooth lateral movement with ability to change direction and mirror running back into the hole. Gets skinny and slips blocks. When blocked, doesn't stay wired to blocks. Chases sideline to sideline. Excels in pass coverage, allowing just 35.7 percent of passes against him to be completed. Tough play demeanor. Plays hard and practices hard."

3. Jesse James TE, Penn State
    I've watched film on this guy. At 6'7" 254 lbs. he plays like a man among boys on the field. Anybody here seen him play? Can he be our version of "Gronk?"
    "A true junior, James leaves Penn State with 11 career touchdown receptions, breaking a tie with College Football Hall of Fame inductee Ted Kwalick against Maryland this past November for the school record by a tight end. - Penn State football."

4. Tyler Lockette WR/Returner, Kansas State
    I watched this guy in the Alamo Bowl put his team on his back and almost beat UCLA. 13 catches; 164 yds; 2 TD's; 2 kick returns; and 2 punt returns. He reminds me of Greg Jennings. Scouts say he's undersized at 5"10" 181 lbs. I say his size is why he'll fall to us and make our kick return game fearsome. He's a deep threat and slot insurance for Cobb.
    "Intelligent player on field who has clearly learned from his father. Nuanced route runner with ability to sell. Will vary route speed and is proficient with double moves. Scouts say his personal character and football character are top-notch. Has a knack for making explosive plays as a receiver and return man. Steps up his game when matched up against top competition across from him. Likes to block."

5. Sean Mannion QB, Oregon State
    I don't know much about this guy except he's 6'6" and 229 lbs. and that his scouting report is impressive. A year or two learning under Arod and we might have something.
    "When he feels secure in the pocket and has the time to step into his throws correctly, Mannion's touch on intermediate and vertical passes is as impressive as any quarterback in the country. He lofts the ball with perfect trajectory over the shoulder of his receivers and allows them to go get it, demonstrating pinpoint accuracy to lead his target away from defenders. Mannion has an easy, natural throwing motion and he's well-versed in coach Mike Riley's pro-style offense, which asks him to take snaps from under center as well as from the gun. While he can drive the ball when needed, it cruises, rather than explodes out of his hand."

5c. Rob Havenstein OT Wisconsin
    We all know this guy. Why not?

5c. Josh Robinson RB, Mississippi State
    I've seen this guy many times play in the SEC down here against top notch competition. He reminds me of Emmitt Smith, believe it or not. He's a one cut RB with power and shake and bake. Plus, he can catch the ball with the rest of them. He's not a speed merchant. At 5'9" and 215 lbs. he may last until the 5th round.
    Film is on YouTube.

6. Jordan Taylor WR, Rice
    Don't know him from Adam, but he's 6'5" 204 lbs. and another red zone target for Arod.

7. Kyle Loomis P, Portland State
    Best punter in the country...and it looks like our punter needs competition.

c - Compensatory
    Excellent work Maxie.

The only thing I would change is trying to trade up into the 4th round to make sure we draft Loomis!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Excellent work Maxie.

The only thing I would change is trying to trade up into the 4th round to make sure we draft Loomis!
    Thanks. Loomis is playing in today's Senior Bowl.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Do we need another pass catching TE? I'd say yes. Who fits that mold in this draft?
    C.H.U.D.

BTW...I hate the Domers so have never seen Jesse James...tempted to draft him just for the name.
    C.H.U.D.

Forget all that....I'm drunk and can't read any longer.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Unless Thompson wants to stick with blue chip TE Brandon Bostick, He could get Finley clone Funchess in the late first (some projecting him as going to Patsies as WR at 6'5", 230lbs) or could take a flyer on sophomore redshirt Maxx Williams (6'4", 250). Not sure where Maxx will be projected or if it's accurate at all.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Great work, Maxie.

I get all my draft knowledge from the PR wish list thread, so this is a great 1st salvo.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    ok guys, so it looks like we're gonna have the top pick in next years draft

who are the top guys to watch out for?

i guess it'll all depend on who the coaches are

i would personally like a tough, mean, nasty defender
    Has to be among my favorite posts ever. Team was 1-1 after a struggle with the Jets.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Unless Thompson wants to stick with blue chip TE Brandon Bostick, He could get Finley clone Funchess in the late first (some projecting him as going to Patsies as WR at 6'5", 230lbs) or could take a flyer on sophomore redshirt Maxx Williams (6'4", 250). Not sure where Maxx will be projected or if it's accurate at all.
    Funchess was my original guy, but the rap on him is that he drops too many, which reminded me too much of Finley. Have you seen him play?

I watched film of Jesse James and he was pretty darn Finley like.

After watching the Senior Bowl, I'm kinda drifting toward Nick Boyle. He's 6'6" and 270 lbs. He runs well and has fairly good hands.

I haven't seen Maxx Williams play, but he might require a 1st round pick to get. Don't know if I want him that bad.
    Last edited by Maxie the Taxi; 01-25-2015 at 05:43 PM.