Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I do think the Packers could use another playmaker in the front seven. But I don't think letting Peppers go changes that for the better at all. Makes it worse even if he is wearing down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I do think the Packers could use another playmaker in the front seven. But I don't think letting Peppers go changes that for the better at all. Makes it worse even if he is wearing down.
    If he stays they definitely should reduce the amount they use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If he stays they definitely should reduce the amount they use him.
    They have been doing that. Peppers only played 44% of the plays in 2015, after 50% in 2014. He's always had a reputation as a talented guy who takes some play off. But if it seems like he's taking a lot of plays off, it might just be that he's not on the field as much as some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would like to bring the front seven back intact if we could... Capers is finally using them to their strengths, and some of the guys have developed from where they were a couple of years ago.

To what we have, my biggest wishlist item would be a speed ILB that can play sideline to the sideline, play downhill, cover, instinctual down the seam... we need a piece of dynamite in the middle of that defense.

Secondly on the wishlist would be - if Raji doesn't come back, make sure his replacement is an upgrade. I really like Daniels and Guion as a tandem. Don't think Jones has carried his weight; Pennel showed some improvement... still, I'd like to see more out of the DL. This is a good year for DT's in the draft, so maybe we can get some help there?
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I would like to bring the front seven back intact if we could... Capers is finally using them to their strengths, and some of the guys have developed from where they were a couple of years ago.

To what we have, my biggest wishlist item would be a speed ILB that can play sideline to the sideline, play downhill, cover, instinctual down the seam... we need a piece of dynamite in the middle of that defense.

Secondly on the wishlist would be - if Raji doesn't come back, make sure his replacement is an upgrade. I really like Daniels and Guion as a tandem. Don't think Jones has carried his weight; Pennel showed some improvement... still, I'd like to see more out of the DL. This is a good year for DT's in the draft, so maybe we can get some help there?
    As unlikely as it might be, should both Sheldon Rankins and Noah Spence fall to where the Packers are drafting, which one do you choose and why?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    As unlikely as it might be, should both Sheldon Rankins and Noah Spence fall to where the Packers are drafting, which one do you choose and why?
    Love Rankins, don't see him dropping to us - we'd have to move up to get him. Seriously doubt TT would do that. Rankins is very quick, very tough for any OL to handle. Spence on the hand, I have to look at him more. He has some off field baggage. He'd have to play standing up IMO.

Definitely like Rankins over Spence.
    wist

Wow. I agree wholeheartedly with Wist on something. This means Armageddon is here. Better all get yourselves generators, lots of gas, weapons, ammo, and canned goods.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wow. I agree wholeheartedly with Wist on something. This means Armageddon is here. Better all get yourselves generators, lots of gas, weapons, ammo, and canned goods.
    It's not much of a stretch to have people agree on wanting a Shazier or Urlacher at ILB.

But, in any case, don't forget a barrel of potable water, water treatment solution, dried legumes, and MREs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's not much of a stretch to have people agree on wanting a Shazier or Urlacher at ILB.

But, in any case, don't forget a barrel of potable water, water treatment solution, dried legumes, and MREs.
    When it comes to me and Wist, any agreement whatsoever is a stretch.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Don't think Jones has carried his weight;
    I feel about Jones how I feel about Perry. Once in a while the guy will blow me away and look like he's playing against highschoolers. Unlike Perry, Jones is still inexperienced enough that I feel more optimistic about his odds of being a difference maker. I don't think anyone on the front 7 has as big of a step to take nor is as likely to actually take that step.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.