Thread: Official Packers At Dallas Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tackles are tough because you don't just want a solid one, you want a great one. Solid ones get you beat in January.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Tackles are tough because you don't just want a solid one, you want a great one. Solid ones get you beat in January.
    Not totally disagreeing. An elite LT is a game changer for sure, but coaching to strengths also is a game changer. Walker is rapidly becoming an elite run blocker for a LT. You use that to slow down the pass rush and mix in some play action. You also use it next to Jenkins to create a bunch of 3rd and 2 so the D can't pin back the ears.

Ideally you want a great everything, but that isn't possible. So you try not to have fatal flaws anywhere. C/RG might be our fatal flaw. Or they might hold up just enough. As I said, you can win with where Walker is right now. Would I like to see him stonewall the edge rush instead of riding it wide enough to give Love room to step up....sure, but lets be honest. Only 5-6 guys in the game do everything at a top level. We were blessed with one of them for awhile. Walker right now today is just as good of a run blocker as Bak was (who was under rated in that regard). He is a middle of the pack pass blocker. You can win with that if the coaching doesn't fuck it up (i.e. leave him solo against Parsons every 3rd and 7).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.