Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
Again, for the third time, the Packers face a stout front 7. Packers gotta find a way to get the running game going. Run Lacy between the tackles. I want to see him go north and south, NOT east and west. I don't care if it's for 1 or 2 yards. I'm tired of seeing him run east to west and get nothing or lose yardage. He's not built to do that. Leave the stretch plays for Harris. Throw Starks in there to mix it up. Oh, and run some damn screens with Harris - that will slow down pass rush.

Get the TEs involved!

On defense - Uh, we're pretty screwed if we don't pressure Stafford. He's got two good TEs, Megatron and Reggie Bush, who imo, is dangerous sneaking out of the backfield. You give Stafford time, he's gonna find the open man. The middle of the field, with those TEs is going to be a weakness for the Pack - it always has been since Capers came to town. I expect the Detriot TEs and Megatron to have a big day - hope I'm wrong. Pressure Stafford or at least keep him off balance - maybe we get lucky and grab a pick or two.

One good thing, at least we're not playing a mobile QB again.
I disagree completely...

On offense, I say we should rush the ball almost exclusively with Lacy and Harris running wide. You can't run through the Lions' fat guys so it just makes sense to run around them. Our TE's should help with this strategy by being blockers only (decoys). In fact, all our receivers should be decoys except Jordy who should be targeted exclusively for the two or three times Rodgers will have time to throw the ball.

Forget screens, traps and misdirection plays. The Lions' fat guys are smart too. Let's hope Fairley's bad bicep will have him on the bench like our fat guy.

And for God's sake don't activate Jeff Janis. The last thing we need against the Lion's porous but scrappy secondary is speed and Harvin-like option plays. The Lion's will see that coming a mile away.

On defense we should play all of our guys an equal amount of plays except Hawk who is the communicator and therefore needs to play 100% of the time. Besides, we need Hawk to shadow Reggie Bush one on one whenever Bush runs across the middle on slants.

The Lions OL is huge so we should only activate two DLinemen and all of our linebackers, safeties and cornerbacks. Capers should play his 4-3 amoeba defense 90% of the time. Plus, 80% of the time he should have less than 12 or 13 guys on the field. Confusing and out-thinking Stafford and the Lion's offense is our only hope.

To keep Megatron from making big plays, have our fast and quick cornerbacks play off him at the line because Megatron is so big and strong compared to fast and quick. Of course, Morgan Burnett and Ha Ha will play a deep (I mean DEEP) cover two in case Shields and Tramon lose coverage on the big guy.

Stubby has to keep his head in the game and be aggressive. That means he should stay in a secure undisclosed location incommunicado. Seriously, that means all onside kickoffs (the Lions won't be expecting that) and no punting whatsoever. Plus, the first couple of plays no matter who has the ball should be scripted challenges because Stubby's not too good at making challenges at the spur of the moment.

Then it's on to the Bears!