Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
Woodbuck,

I am/was a big Brett Favre fan, but the guy was mostly (if not totally) at fault for how that went down. If you don't see that then you simply aren't being objective. Favre has another side to him then that includes selfishness, anger, stubbornness, and entitlement that we couldn't (or at least I couldn't) see through all the laughter, fist pumps, and touchdown celebrations throughout the years.

Favre has a great personality and he makes it easy for you to like him. The way he used to play the game made football extremely fun to watch, but unforgettably that will not be my only memories I will have of him. I will also remember him going on national TV to throw his life long team under the bus, sending pictures of himself to a cheerleader, and retiring from the Jets clearly to escape his contract with them to play for the Vikings.

If Brett was such a wholesome good guy like we all thought he was then what happened to honoring your contract? Didn't he call Javon Walker out for not honoring his contract? I find it funny that he retires from the jets, who then promptly release him, just so he can sign with the Vikings. What happened to his principles that he supposedly once felt so strongly about? Or are we supposed to believe that retiring from the Jets after the season was b/c "he couldn't commit to the team at that present time." Take off the Brett Favre sun glasses bro and enjoy the good times and realize the bad.
I appreciate your position but sorry Packer fan. I'm not joining you or anyone else on this board that stands down on Brett Favre as the football player he was. I don't believe I'll live to ever see a more exciting man stand behind center on any football field.

Thus as a Green Bay Packer and NFL fan for over five decades and as that football player I enjoyed in Brett Favre. I hold Brett Favre in 'the highest esteem'.

Did the human side of him paint him as a man that disappointed me? of course he wasn't perfect but who in a lifetime is? It's that fact that allowed me to rationalize or sift out the crap and his life (ways). When you reach my age you might better understand me and this position. I sincerely hope that life leads you in that direction.

The scandalous parts of him that surfaced made me cringe. I had to overcome a lot there to arrive where I am and Brett Favre today. Arriving there I'm happy to believe that my position is best for me. Any Packer fan that chooses to go on criticizing Brett Favre for the emotional or human weakness that they perceive in him, is simply to me a fair and different take from the one I've chosen and will remain with.

GO PACK GO !