Thread: NFL Roster Cuts Tracker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He was an accomplished college pass rusher and they were looking for more pass rush. Always looking for more pass rush.

Its not that hard to understand why they gave him a chance. My bet is they did not think he would be a contributor in Year 1 anyway, so they had two training camps to try to fit him in.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He was an accomplished college pass rusher and they were looking for more pass rush. Always looking for more pass rush.

Its not that hard to understand why they gave him a chance. My bet is they did not think he would be a contributor in Year 1 anyway, so they had two training camps to try to fit him in.
    Yes, always looking for pass rush... fine, good, no problem there.

Where the problem is - the guy is 4 ft tall, and his arms are so short he can't reach into his back pocket to pull out his wallet.

At least with a guy like Elliot, you can see the physical ability - now that is guy you can work with as an edge rusher. Bradford belongs in the middle, and when they drafted him I thought for sure that's where they'd start him... as it is, they wasted an entire camp trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, always looking for pass rush... fine, good, no problem there.

Where the problem is - the guy is 4 ft tall, and his arms are so short he can't reach into his back pocket to pull out his wallet.

At least with a guy like Elliot, you can see the physical ability - now that is guy you can work with as an edge rusher. Bradford belongs in the middle, and when they drafted him I thought for sure that's where they'd start him... as it is, they wasted an entire camp trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    Seems like nonsense to me. Unless you think he'd make such a great inside linebacker that he'd displace our starters and make an impact as a rookie, its not a wasted camp. You get a productive college DE who jumped 37.5" and give him every chance to be something as an edge rusher. The fact that he could be an ILB is simply a nice plan B a la Brad Jones, Terrell Manning, and Jamari Lattimore. It's a sound strategy. In the meantime, he worked with the same coach as the ILB (Winston Moss is now in charge of both now) and is so far from action on either depth chart that its special teams that matters anyways.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Seems like nonsense to me. Unless you think he'd make such a great inside linebacker that he'd displace our starters and make an impact as a rookie, its not a wasted camp. You get a productive college DE who jumped 37.5" and give him every chance to be something as an edge rusher. The fact that he could be an ILB is simply a nice plan B a la Brad Jones, Terrell Manning, and Jamari Lattimore. It's a sound strategy. In the meantime, he worked with the same coach as the ILB (Winston Moss is now in charge of both now) and is so far from action on either depth chart that its special teams that matters anyways.
    By description, he kinda sounds like James Harrison. Not sure if measurables line up. But thinking you might have a talent along those lines would also help explain the patience.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I think Jayrone Elliot's emergence had something to do with the position switch.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan