Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
I read somewhere the other day (twitter maybe?) that Raji was looking pretty good with his 'new' role trying to get after the passer and not take on blockers like Wist has not quite gotten through our heads is wrong.

I actually do agree with Wist on some of his criticisms, and I know a lot of other Packerrats do too. However I'm willing and I'm sure they are too, to believe MM when he says he's going to have Capers be a bit more offensive on the defensive side of the ball. (see what I did there?)

On another note, isn't this whole 'Kool-aid' drinking thing getting kind of old? It used to be amusing, but its become cliche'. Any positive argument no matter how correct, is met with the 'kool-aid' response. yadda yadda yadda. I have yet to read a comment that says this defense will be a top 5 defense in the league this year. Or that Capers is the best DC in the league.
Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Excellent point. People who offer optimistic points of view are "kool aid drinkers," and people who offer negative points of view are "telling it like it is." At least in some posters' worlds.
Wait a minute... what, lol??

When have I ever said what you just said BZ?? That Raji should be eating up blockers and not being used as a penetrator??

I'm beginning to think those of you who criticize me, don't actually read what I write??!!

I want Raji to be a penetrator - it's what he does best. What he does not do best, is 2-gap, handle double teams, and eat up blocks... I've been saying that since he was drafted!! WTF??

Since 2011 I've argued he's been used incorrectly - just as everyone in the front (6-7) has been misused. It is TT and Capers who are not on the same page.

TT drafts Raji (a 1-gap penetrator), Perry (who will never be an OLB), D. Jones (who is a penetrator), Daniels (penetrator), et al - and then Capers misuses them. Raji in the "2-4 jumbo" is a waste - the "2-4 jumbo" is a waste!! Perry being played at OLB is straight out of the "square peg, round hole" school of doing things; and D. Jones and Daniels should be played as downlinemen in nickel pass rush situations - preferrably not the 2-4, lol...

Seriously, why do you guys blather off at the mouth assigning me positions I have not taken?? You may not like the tenor of my posts - but if you are going to attempt to argue against the position I've taken, you should at least read what I wrote - should you not??

----------------------------------------------------------

As for "Kool-Aid"... the reason some of you get that label is b/c you argue against a perfectly valid criticism (usually against Capers and the defense), as if the criticism is invalid, e.g. what Capers is doing, is the best that can be done!!

What you're left is - blaming the players (but not TT), and completely absolving Capers. That makes absolutely no sense... that's the Kool-Aid talking.