Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What an insult to the Packers of the '60s, who really were the ones who built "Lambeau", and the great, great teams before them that built the PACKERS before Lambeau Field existed. Favre may have been one who helped revive the tradition and excellence, but that tradition and excellence were built and were strong long before he arrived.
    I'll give Wolf the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the refurbished Lambeau Field. If so, he's largely right. I don't think they could have gotten the public funding and seat license funding without the resurgence that Favre had so much to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'll give Wolf the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the refurbished Lambeau Field. If so, he's largely right. I don't think they could have gotten the public funding and seat license funding without the resurgence that Favre had so much to do with.
    But that is like the major renovation Yankee stadium that took place in the mid-'70s. To liken either to the players that "built" the stadium is wrong.

I give Wolf no breaks. He knew what he said, and he said it for a reason.