Thread: "Michael John McCarthy is one of the great coaches in the NFL."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    MM is one of 8 active head coaches to have won a Super Bowl. Only Belichick and Coughlin have won more than one.
    *SIGH* Dear toddler nation, why only compare Stubby to active coaches? Oh, 'cos it suits an argument for Stubby's "greatness" and Packers're not the Lions...bla bla bla.
    Yup, disregard Lombardi, Parcells, etc. History is sham I guess [for toddler nations].

I do acknowledge that McCarthy is a good coach, just not great.

Still, you still blew it, Stubby...or maybe it's the guy that hired you!? But I still like TT's style - but darn it, TT is human too. GB now with nearly 25 years with 2 sublime QBs and yet only 2 trophies. Russell Wilson has been QB how long?...you better hope Brady wins a 4th trophy then! And what a difference a great coach would be right now in GB.

It's Titletown. Expect greatness. Even in the year 2525.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    *SIGH* Dear toddler nation, why only compare Stubby to active coaches? Oh, 'cos it suits an argument for Stubby's "greatness" and Packers're not the Lions...bla bla bla.
    Yup, disregard Lombardi, Parcells, etc. History is sham I guess [for toddler nations].

Still, you still blew it, Stubby...or maybe it's the guy that hired you!? But I still like TT's style - but darn it, TT is human too. GB now with nearly 25 years with 2 sublime QBs and yet only 2 trophies. Russell Wilson has been QB how long?...you better hope Brady wins a 4th trophy then! And what a difference a great coach would be right now in GB.

Well, if New England wants to give us Belichick, let me know. Until then, I'll be glad we have McCarthy who is one of the top coaches in the NFL. Having a great QB is no guarantee of multiple Super Bowls. Ask Dan Marino. Or Peyton Manning. Or Drew Brees.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    GB now with nearly 25 years with 2 sublime QBs and yet only 2 trophies.
    Sublime!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So by your metric Pete Carrol must be a great coach....And Barry Switzer is just as good as McCarthy. Gotchya.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    So by your metric .... Barry Switzer is just as good as McCarthy. Gotchya.
    Zong!!

Barry Switzer = Rod Marinelli without brains
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck