Thread: Report: Gruden adds ex-Packers offensive coordinator Edgar Bennett to staff.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    So I"m not the only one who saw Bennett as a subpar average OC
    The proof was in the puddin. Without Rodgers the offense was exposed as practically useless. Not sure how much stronger of an indictment you need against an "OC" than an offense that fell apart: couldn't communicate, operate, or produce. Time for Edgar to make his own way and stop sucking off Rodger's tit.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    The proof was in the puddin. Without Rodgers the offense was exposed as practically useless. Not sure how much stronger of an indictment you need against an "OC" than an offense that fell apart: couldn't communicate, operate, or produce. Time for Edgar to make his own way and stop sucking off Rodger's tit.
    Happened in 2013 too. Clements got sacked after the next season I believe.

I think the problem runs deeper than the OC.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I agree, but I don't think it's a problem - except when Rodgers gets hurt long-term.

Several have argued that the problem is the offense is tuned to Rodger's special talents. That's good - it should be. What needs to happen is better preparation for Rodgers to be hurt or gone. Clearly Stubby threw people under the bus for not being prepared. Well, he's the next to go under if this ever happens again. Well, maybe Murphy goes first, but it doesn't matter - if things are so bad that Murphy doesn't survive, neither will Stubby. So they better solve the Rodgers-less problem. Question is - can they do it without restructuring the Rodgers-led offensive scheme itself, or does the whole thing need an overhaul? I think the latter - Stubby needs to recraft the offense this offseason. Bring in a solid backup vet and rework the whole thing so it works for Rodgers and the vet.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Well, we can all say that, but a coach rising through the ranks to the position of offensive coordinator had a chance to show he could coordinate an offense, not just rely on the superstar QB. Edgar didn’t do that. Thus his departure with little hand wringing. A true candidate for the next level would have distinguished himself, not shit himself.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    The proof was in the puddin. Without Rodgers the offense was exposed as practically useless. Not sure how much stronger of an indictment you need against an "OC" than an offense that fell apart: couldn't communicate, operate, or produce. Time for Mike to make his own way and stop sucking off Rodger's tit.
    Fixed it for you.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack