Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
sharpe's sarcasm actually sounded pretty good hahahaha, and runpMc saved me the trouble by replying just about what I would have, in the first line anyway. That horror scenario is exactly why I see Rodgers staying for at least the rest of his current contract, maybe longer.

The Bears actually WILL field a team, and they probably will win a few games hahahahaha. As you say, their cap problems are NOT the reason they still suck - perennially.

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY they would be better off the next three years without Rodgers than with him. And if they consider him worthy, they absolutely could keep Love beyond his rookie contract - assuming Love doesn't just insist on going somewhere else.
My earlier post, which you asked about, came about as a result of your many posts which suggest Rodgers could yet play and play and play for years and years. So I started thinking about Rodgers being elderly and still trying to suit up, and I thought, why would anyone do that to themselves? And the reason, for most of us, is that we have to work for a long time to qualify for full social security so we can retire. So it made me laugh to think of Rodgers keeping on and on and on because he needed to get to full social security age.

So it was just the workings of my strange mind. I tried to find an age-progression picture of Rodgers looking like an old, old man to supplement my post, but couldn't find one.