Thread: 2023 5th Round Pick #149 QB Sean Clifford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you think that's true after they re-negotiated Love and Savage? If so, then it makes that choice more understandable. I'm not as against the pick as I originally was - you all have convinced me that it's not a horrible pick. It's an understandable one.

But they better be pretty sure he's worthy of being the backup. If he can't really be that, then it was a wasted pick.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Do you think that's true after they re-negotiated Love and Savage? If so, then it makes that choice more understandable. I'm not as against the pick as I originally was - you all have convinced me that it's not a horrible pick. It's an understandable one.

But they better be pretty sure he's worthy of being the backup. If he can't really be that, then it was a wasted pick.
    We don't have enough to sign a decent vet QB (like Bridgewater). I doubt the moves freed up much cap space--maybe enough to resign Marcedes Lewis and/or Adrian Amos on affordable deals.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    We don't have enough to sign a decent vet QB (like Bridgewater). I doubt the moves freed up much cap space--maybe enough to resign Marcedes Lewis and/or Adrian Amos on affordable deals.
    But . . . but . . . but if Tex (and others on this topic of the sal cap) is right, as he insists he is, then can't they just cook up the cap and sign anyone they want????

Tex?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack