View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha Why? I'd say the assholes are the media pukes doing their damnedest to stir up trouble. And a large part of that drama i.e. stirred up trouble involves Rodgers and his future..
    This is literally what sports media does, they get paid by getting your attention, your clicks, etc.
    The NFL encourages it, and Rodgers himself encourages it by playing coy.

You're basically calling the media assholes and pukes for doing their jobs. It doesn't mean they are wrong.
    Clearly they are supplying a need if they continue to get clicks.
    I can think of very few jobs where people get called a puke and asshole for doing it, and sports media personality or journalist aren't at the top of that list.
    I suppose it depends on the type. Skip Bayless is an asshole. I don't think Tom Silverstein is though.

Rodgers may seem to be a mellow-Californian, but he's a Northern Californian. There's a difference. And I think it's an act -- he plays a LOT of games with the media and is extremely manipulative. If he wanted to put a stop to any of this he'd make more definitive statements. He likes the attention, he likes stringing things along, and he especially likes to zig when everyone is kept in the dark and expects him to zag, only to call them out as doubters and know-nothings later. I don't feel sorry for him, I think he brings it on himself, and I also think he's ok with that.

A FHOF QB who might be traded or retire is going to get a lot of stories run. Nothing to do until an announcement is made.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    This is literally what sports media does, they get paid by getting your attention, your clicks, etc.
    The NFL encourages it, and Rodgers himself encourages it by playing coy.

You're basically calling the media assholes and pukes for doing their jobs. It doesn't mean they are wrong.
    Clearly they are supplying a need if they continue to get clicks.
    I can think of very few jobs where people get called a puke and asshole for doing it, and sports media personality or journalist aren't at the top of that list.
    I suppose it depends on the type. Skip Bayless is an asshole. I don't think Tom Silverstein is though.

Rodgers may seem to be a mellow-Californian, but he's a Northern Californian. There's a difference. And I think it's an act -- he plays a LOT of games with the media and is extremely manipulative. If he wanted to put a stop to any of this he'd make more definitive statements. He likes the attention, he likes stringing things along, and he especially likes to zig when everyone is kept in the dark and expects him to zag, only to call them out as doubters and know-nothings later. I don't feel sorry for him, I think he brings it on himself, and I also think he's ok with that.

A FHOF QB who might be traded or retire is going to get a lot of stories run. Nothing to do until an announcement is made.
    Some acorns of truth in there.

Are you from California? I'm not. My impression, though, was that most of the mellowness was from up there in the San Fran/Silicon Valley area. As for Rodgers playing games and manipuiating them, yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying too. Did I say he wanted the bastards to quit their shit? I don't think so. Are there actually some good media pukes? I suppose if you dig deep enough you can find some. Clicks and attention? Not mine ...... well, seldom anyway. How would we survive without them? Well, maybe a little more stress-free, although admittedly, stress doesn't much bother me. Any news that really needs to be put out, though, generally comes right from the horses' mouths rather than the asses' asses. In other words, we can do without the stupid speculation.

I say again, RG got it right about the profession of media puke.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?