Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Favre's comments were less about Rodgers and more about himself. Favre doesn't go around dissing other players, but he does promote himself (In case you haven't noticed!) I think Favre was trying to convey the idea that he could have won a title with the players Arod had. It was stupid of him to do it, but that's what he's become. I wish he hadn't done it, but I don't hate him for it. Just not my nature, I guess.
    If he felt he could have won a SB with that team in 2008 then why in the hell did he quit? How come nobody asks him that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If he felt he could have won a SB with that team in 2008 then why in the hell did he quit? How come nobody asks him that?
    In my opinion that's always been the question. I think he quit because he just didn't want to go through the offseason work anymore. I think he was serious about retirement initially. Then the Vikings let him know he didn't necessarily have to do the offseason stuff in order to keep playing. That's why he eventually asked for his release from the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Dammit. We should have ended it on Bretsky's post and locked the thread. We just never know when to stop, do we?
    This thread is a living historical document. It can't be locked.

This shit is just awsome....None of you can let it go. It is like crack!

I'm sure Favre thinks Rodgers is a young cocky punk, TT is a bastard and MM is a back stabbing bitch. I am also sure all 3 of them think BF is a self indulgent spoiled brat. Thing is they are all right. Who gives a shit if BF hates Rodgers, who gives a shit if Rodgers hate BF. That shit will never change, Just enjoy the great run the Packer will be on and go ahead and remember how BF and Reggie brought GB football back into relevence. So many psuedo pyschologists around here. It amazes me how you guys know what is everyones head, but don't even know these people.......enjoy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    This shit is just awsome....None of you can let it go. It is like crack!

I'm sure Favre thinks Rodgers is a young cocky punk, TT is a bastard and MM is a back stabbing bitch. I am also sure all 3 of them think BF is a self indulgent spoiled brat. Thing is they are all right. Who gives a shit if BF hates Rodgers, who gives a shit if Rodgers hate BF. That shit will never change, Just enjoy the great run the Packer will be on and go ahead and remember how BF and Reggie brought GB football back into relevence. So many psuedo pyschologists around here. It amazes me how you guys know what is everyones head, but don't even know these people.......enjoy the game!
    Psychology aside. It seems like the average person has a fair amount of disgust for Favre. There is something about trust, compassion, honor, values, forgiveness that warms the human soul. There is something about Favre that disgusts people.

People want to forgive. They want a good story about personal growth. Favre just keeps dishing out disgust.

You might have it misread too. I know all of the phony psychologists here don't know what they're talking about, but it's good to have you and DeepdunkingFavre's Nutz here to set humanity straight.

Regardless of what's going on in the heads of Favre, MM, TT or AR. . . . Favre is a disgusting figure to what seems like just about everyone with an opinion on TV and most Packer fans if I'm counting right. But since you're the gate-keeper on how people should feel, maybe we should all just control our invalid emotions, since we have no right to feel them. We're all supposed to feel warmth and respect toward Favre cuz you said so, right? We can't be turned off and disgusted, right?

Maybe try letting people feel however they want to feel. It might be a relief for you to let that go. Not everyone feels the same way about Favre as you do.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 10-06-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I don't respect anything about BF, except his ability to throw a football and lead a football team. Personally, I think he is probably a tool, but I don't know him. Shit Justin you are probably a complete tool as well. From your actions on and off in here that probably wouldn't be a stretch, but I don't know you and to judge you based on this forum wouldn't be fair. Then again I think most of humanity is seriously flawed, so what the hell do I know! Hero worship get people into trouble, because heroes don't exist! People do heroic things, but will ultimately fall short given enough time......

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    I don't respect anything about BF, except his ability to throw a football and lead a football team. Personally, I think he is probably a tool, but I don't know him. Shit Justin you are probably a complete tool as well. From your actions on and off in here that probably wouldn't be a stretch, but I don't know you and to judge you based on this forum wouldn't be fair. Then again I think most of humanity is seriously flawed, so what the hell do I know! Hero worship get people into trouble, because heroes don't exist! People do heroic things, but will ultimately fall short given enough time......

Well said. And yes, I've been a big douche bag more than my share for someone my age. I like to think of myself as a person now who is considerate and caring for others, but that certainly wasn't always the case and I'm sure it won't always be.

Everyone has different reasons to respect / not respect people.

And I'll be the first one to get in the humanity flaw line, but I think if you asked my kids, wife, coworkers and friends about me today, I think they'd say they trust me and respect me. That's been a pretty recent occurrence though. I also think you'd hear a story of me overcoming some really tough situations that I was born into. I didn't come out of it forgiving and loving like Jesus Christ. I came out angry, bitter and insecure. But I've replaced those never ending miserable feelings with security, forgiveness, faith, compassion. . . .

As forgiving as I am (and really, after I'll I've been through and done, I don't have much of a choice) Narcissists are my nemesi. I had an equally insecure but opposite personality to Favre. With my insecurity, I thought I was less of a person. I always tried to be OK in other peoples eyes, but it would never come. I wasn't OK in my own eyes. Favre though, he seems to hide the insecurity with acting like he's better than people, with getting preferential treatment, with seeking money, fame, power. . . . That whole act, being better. . . . for me, I think was reinforcement that I didn't live up, so I was jealous.

Looking at it now, he still rubs me wrong, just because I'm not as fucked up doesn't mean I'm untouchable. Extreme arrogance like Favre's still pisses me off. It's not worth the misery, but what the hell, I can be miserable for an hour or two when I come here and read the remaining Favre worship
    Last edited by RashanGary; 10-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Extreme arrogance like Favre's still pisses me off.
    Man, you must really HATE Obama if that's the case huh.