Thread: Broken-But-Not-Dead-Yet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In the most underreported story of the last two years, Matthews seems willing and able to be an ILB. He should win a Wilkerson for that alone. Seriously, he is wealthy and famous, he could have thrown a diva. But he instead just glared for awhile so everyone knew he wasn't happy, and played lights out.
    I almost totally agree with this. We were talking about this during the Bears game and I said that the one thing that is keeping him from being an all-pro kinda ILB is the pass coverage. My view is that he doesn't have the knack for where to go and who to cover -yet. And wouldn'tcha know it on the very next play, he got suckered outside and let the RB go free inside. Maybe it's just a matter of time, because he certainly made that critical INT in the first game. Maybe I'm asking too much too soon, or just looking at him with narrow Packer goggles. The great ILBs also miss a few I guess.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I almost totally agree with this. We were talking about this during the Bears game and I said that the one thing that is keeping him from being an all-pro kinda ILB is the pass coverage. My view is that he doesn't have the knack for where to go and who to cover -yet. And wouldn'tcha know it on the very next play, he got suckered outside and let the RB go free inside. Maybe it's just a matter of time, because he certainly made that critical INT in the first game. Maybe I'm asking too much too soon, or just looking at him with narrow Packer goggles. The great ILBs also miss a few I guess.
    I'd rather have sacks.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'd rather have sacks.
    "Balls, balls!" cried the queen
    "If I had two I'd be the king."

ZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

ZING!
    It's still a little early to be reduced to jokering around. It ain't over yet. We'll just see Abby rise up from the injured rib pile and be a star on Thursday.

Or something. I'm going to the game, so I gotta hope for something good.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

ZING!
    It's one sack and two balls, Harlan. You must be out of practice.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck