Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A review of the Clark, Spriggs and Fackrell picks

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Good stuff, JH.

Like you, I enjoy trying to decipher Ted's speech and his nonverbals. I disagree with your analysis only in that Teds most telling moment was when he first picked Nelson. He positively looked like the cat who ate the canary on that one. As it turns out, rightfully so.
    Sometimes I miss things. But yes, those are the types of things that can be gleaned if a person wants to pay attention to context! Nice observation, and i trust it!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Pb, I would recommend listening to the pc and watching yourself, not reading. So much gets lost in the translation to written word.

Yeah, I did listen to the PC last night on the radio and today on their website. He doesn't say anything specific about his playing. You've got me spooked.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That's it. He says nothing about how spriggs plays. Said was tough, said was athletic, said wanted to be good. Said nothing about actually being good. It's what he didn't say that concerns me.

Blog Entries
    Billings or Adams would be nice
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ...who didn't cost 6 mill a year...
    Let's just keep saving and drafting and developing until our HOF quarterback is a shadow of himself.
    I'll maintain that our approach via the draft and free agency needs to be much more aggressive over the next few years. We pay Clay more than double what Trevathan is being paid per year, and the contract was a year longer. For whatever reason money doesn't matter, as long as TT drafted the player getting paid.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Let's just keep saving and drafting and developing until our HOF quarterback is a shadow of himself.
    I'll maintain that our approach via the draft and free agency needs to be much more aggressive over the next few years. We pay Clay more than double what Trevathan is being paid per year, and the contract was a year longer. For whatever reason money doesn't matter, as long as TT drafted the player getting paid.
    I don't think the Trevathan issue was so much about money - I think it was about whether they liked 'em or not.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    another LB; nice.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    How about another DT, TE, or scatback RB next ??

I think you're in the wrong thread, brah!

Wasn't TT also giving pretty high praise to RB Alex Green when they drafted him? I guess we have to wait and see when the pads come on, but stil an interesting observation about Spriggs indeed.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...gain/83662644/

Ted Thompson surprises Packers fans again

BY: Richard Ryman, USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin 1:58 a.m. EDT April 29, 2016
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    Wasn't TT also giving pretty high praise to RB Alex Green when they drafted him? I guess we have to wait and see when the pads come on, but stil an interesting observation about Spriggs indeed.
    He said he was, "the man."

And apparently TT is wrong sometimes too But I've noticed a trend that when the Packers take guys that TT talks about how good they are at football, they usually end up being good at playing football. With some exceptions. In 10 years it's the closest thing to a reliable way to judge a draft after the draft as I've come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread, brah!
    we use 'bruh' here

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I stand corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I stand corrected!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    If only there was a proven NFL linebacker around the same age we could have targeted in free agency.....
    If we want chase and tackle jags like the Broncos won a superbowl with then we need look no further than our own roster.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

JSO anonymous scout review.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...377539121.html

Consensus - Clark is solid, Fackrell may be good, or may have lost a critical step from the knee injury. Spriggs - yikes, a looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type

TT must have loved Spriggs a the Senior Bowl, because that analysis does not give me hope for this pick being anything other than TT's worst 2nd rounder since Brohm, and he traded up to get him as well.

I like Clark, am dubious about Fackrell, and hate the Spriggs pick, especially with the trade factored in.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

My concern is if Justin and Mad Scientists post are correct, he might have been a reach for the last OT with a Round 1-2 grade. Would match his comment about draft board moving away from them.

However, if they really had a Round 1 grade on him, then they must have though he would develop. We'll see.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde was just on the radio and he said from several sources (and named Eliot Wolf) that the Packers DID have a first round grade on Spriggs, which was why Ted was willing to jump up given the current roster.

They did not think he was going to last. So at least from a scouting perspective, he was not a reach for the last Tackle of value worthy of a second round selection.