Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think he's upgraded both coordinator positions. It's probably the best situation there they've had since Capers' early years here. Quite a bit has been made of Rodgers not being happy with the QB coach change. But there's not really much evidence that Van Pelt was a good QB coach. Rodgers had uncharacteristic bad stretches in 2015 and 2016, And Hundley looked unprepared in 2017. Just because a coach is popular with his players doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach.
    The problems, which have been growing since 2011 on offense, definitely extend beyond the QB coach. I think they extend beyond the offensive coordinator but as I don't actually know the precise impact of the OC under McCarthy (other than installing a practice plan during the week and planning meetings) I can't be sure about this one.

Its not going to be fixed by the coordinator. The Head Coach is going to have to allow his offense to change significantly. From the no huddle and tempo to throwing behind the LOS, changes made in the last six years have been a pretty mixed bag and have only partially staved off a decline. As a body of work, its hard to complain. But as an Offense dominant team, its not been enough.

I know I am beginning to sound like wist, but go back and watch the playoff game versus the 49ers in Green Bay. It wasn't the defense that failed to deliver (though they had a spectacular fail at the end). It was the offense failing to make mincemeat out of a good defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The problems, which have been growing since 2011 on offense, definitely extend beyond the QB coach. I think they extend beyond the offensive coordinator but as I don't actually know the precise impact of the OC under McCarthy (other than installing a practice plan during the week and planning meetings) I can't be sure about this one.

Its not going to be fixed by the coordinator. The Head Coach is going to have to allow his offense to change significantly. From the no huddle and tempo to throwing behind the LOS, changes made in the last six years have been a pretty mixed bag and have only partially staved off a decline. As a body of work, its hard to complain. But as an Offense dominant team, its not been enough.

I know I am beginning to sound like wist, but go back and watch the playoff game versus the 49ers in Green Bay. It wasn't the defense that failed to deliver (though they had a spectacular fail at the end). It was the offense failing to make mincemeat out of a good defense.
    I agree this has to happen. The game is fluid and there is a reason coaches don't last real long. They get set in their ways and the game adjusts around them. Only the very best manage to change with it. The MM offense is stale and hasn't changed a bit. They have the perfect RB for todays game in Montgomery, but he spent most his time pass blocking cuz "thats the way I've always done it"
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.