Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    so off topic question, kinda

does quay walker suck? i've thought he was pretty good, but listening to podcasts, they make it sound like he was a big whiff

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

does quay walker suck? i've thought he was pretty good, but listening to podcasts, they make it sound like he was a big whiff
    We'll see what Hafley can do with these two at LB

Brett Kollman loves Cooper (higher grade than Quay fwiw)

Blame Barry.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quay had some maturity and poor judgment issues early on, but Lafleur was patient and counseled him, and his 2nd year he made a lot of progress on that. I give him a lot of credit for that. Jaire reportedly worked with him too, got him interested in meditating.

So coming into 23, he had a bit of a bad rep in some people's eyes, and that's probably where the podcasts are coming from. Most of those guys just seem to steal material from one another, ayway. But he's been pretty productive both years, and Hafley has said a couple of times that he's really excited about getting his hands on Walker. Says he has a lot of ideas on how to use him.

So i think he'll have a really good year in 24. I'd just feel a hell of a lot better if they peel that green dot off of his helmet and find a different one to stick it on.