View Poll Results: Is friction building between McCarthy and Thompson?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 2 published reports, its officially a thing.

0 0%
  • Nope. Single report, one source, that could have been mere speculation.

17 100.00%

Thread: Mike McCarthy Is On The Hot Seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We are lucky to have McCarthy to turn this pile of nothing into a playoff caliber team I guess.

Its funny though, I never get the impression we are outclassed (when healthy) until M3 starts coaching close late game strategy. Must be my lying eyes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We are lucky to have McCarthy to turn this pile of nothing into a playoff caliber team I guess.

Its funny though, I never get the impression we are outclassed (when healthy) until M3 starts coaching close late game strategy. Must be my lying eyes.
    Has any coach had as many near-misses in the playoffs as MM? 2007, 2009, 2013-2015. 4 OT losses and 1 regulation game where SF won on the last play of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Has any coach had as many near-misses in the playoffs as MM? 2007, 2009, 2013-2015. 4 OT losses and 1 regulation game where SF won on the last play of the game.
    Its the Schottenheimer in him. For a long time I thought he had beaten it, but he hasn't worked through it yet.

Taking the ball out of the hands of your best player is such classic Martyball that it makes me want to weep.

He has improved on the original in so many ways that I thought this was a matter of time. But its still there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I've liked a lot of the talent - but the overall finesse philosophy hurts the product on the field to whatever extent. The Packers have a soft reputation - enough so that commentators talk about it.

SF literally laughed at us for a few years running, as the kicked they shit out of us every time we played them. As a fan, I certainly didn't enjoy watching another team push us all over the field.

Something is wrong with the picture, if - as you guys say - Rodgers is the best player in the league, and we have half a roster of elite players, and the other have were ripped off by not being invited to the pro bowl.

It isn't just "late game" coaching meltdowns... although, I'm pretty sure McCarthy wears panties on game day, and when the pressure is on, his nuts are too shriveled to drive a stake into an opponents throat. No, there is something amiss - if it is true we have the best player in the NFL, and we can't win more than 1 championship in 11 years, and likely won't win another one anytime soon.
    wist

If you venture over to Footballs Future's Comparison forum there is a thread right now comparing Mike to John Harbaugh and JH is winning that pole by an overwhelming margin. I find that slightly ridiculous. Harbaugh is a good coach but he isn't light years better than MM.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=579080

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If you venture over to Footballs Future's Comparison forum there is a thread right now comparing Mike to John Harbaugh and JH is winning that pole by an overwhelming margin. I find that slightly ridiculous. Harbaugh is a good coach but he isn't light years better than MM.

I'd probably consider them to be pretty close as well. Homerism aside I still think I'd give MM a slight advantage
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'd probably consider them to be pretty close as well. Homerism aside I still think I'd give MM a slight advantage
    It will be interesting to look at this comparison in another 2 or 3 years. There are a lot of similarities in their careers. Each has won a SB in a somewhat improbably run as a wild card playoff team. Each has otherwise come up short in playoffs, including several Conference Championship Game losses. MM has a solid lead in regular season winning percentage, .653 to .602.

I say it will be interesting to look at this in a few years because, since winning the SB, Harbaugh has gone 8-8, 10-6 and 5-11. That's 23-25 in three seasons. This has begun to tarnish the stellar start he had in going 54-26 his first 5 seasons. Harbaugh's career could be defined by what happens in the next few years. So far, MM has not had any 3 year period without a winning record. He has had two 3 year periods in which he was 27-21, years 1-3 and 3-5.
    Last edited by Patler; 06-03-2016 at 06:38 AM.