Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
It really is sorta funny. Two games into the season and we're firing everybody above corporal....not that there's anything wrong with that! Good thing we beat the Jags or there would be dogs lying dead in the street up there.

True, true, Max. But part of the fun of being a fan is being able to overreact and make wild statements no one will remember, or will hardly remember, later on - unless your wild statements somehow turn out to be true, in which case you simply remind everyone forever and ever that you were right once; therefore, you know more than other fans.

I know my own statement about Rodgers is over the top. And of course, if he were being completely arrogant and playing great football, I undoubtedly would not care so much about his attitude.

I just think that when you're making the kind of money he is - compared not to us plebes, but to other NFL players - you're making that kind of dough because you're otherworldly talented - and you're the face of the franchise, so you're expected to lead. So you ought to earn your pay. And if you aren't playing otherworldly, then you better be leading in an otherworldly fashion. And Rodgers is not only not doing that, he's sounding like a whiny seventh grader.