View Poll Results: Who should be the next GM?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ted Thompson

1 3.57%
  • Eliot Wolfe

6 21.43%
  • Brian Gutekunst

7 25.00%
  • Alonzo Highsmith

0 0%
  • John Dorsey

1 3.57%
  • John Schneider

7 25.00%
  • Reggie McKenzie

0 0%
  • Other

6 21.43%

Thread: Who should be the next GM?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wow, this seems overstating it. At least one stays, and becomes the heir apparent with any ounce of good fortune:
    I would agree; if you hire CapeyJoe those three leave with the middle finger raised to Mark Murphy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I would agree; if you hire CapeyJoe those three leave with the middle finger raised to Mark Murphy
    Kinda dumb. You go from being #3 or 4 in a four way with Ted to #2 with a cap guy. You want influence, you stay.

If they all leave they are not all going to be GMs in the first year gone. Seems like reporter hyperbole.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Kinda dumb. You go from being #3 or 4 in a four way with Ted to #2 with a cap guy. You want influence, you stay.

If they all leave they are not all going to be GMs in the first year gone. Seems like reporter hyperbole.

If they hire CapeyJoe over you ya gotta feel you are not valued in the organization. And obviously if hanging around has not benetitted them when Ted leaves why stay.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If they hire CapeyJoe over you ya gotta feel you are not valued in the organization. And obviously if hanging around has not benetitted them when Ted leaves why stay.
    Its illogical to feel so wronged that you leave and make a lateral move to another organization who might not hire you to be GM later. Especially when there are 3 of you who are candidates on the same team. Stay and work yourself up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Its illogical to feel so wronged that you leave and make a lateral move to another organization who might not hire you to be GM later. Especially when there are 3 of you who are candidates on the same team. Stay and work yourself up.
    They have been doing that and waiting in the wings. Wolf and Gunekunst are both at risk of leaving; to be honest if one is hired over the other the one not hired might leave. They both get interviews and looks each year.

I'm not sure anybody has ever looked at Highsmith though.

I'll take any outside Joe over Russ Ball. We've always had good capologists in Green Bay. There are plenty out there.

Blog Entries
    It happens in football, basketball and baseball.

Milwaukee Bucks last year

It happens in football, basketball and baseball.

Milwaukee Bucks last year
    The Bucks hired the guy and told him he was the heir apparent. When his boss retired, they hesitated to give him the job.

That is different than three executives all being eligible for a promotion in the organization. They cannot all have been promised the job.

Blog Entries
    The Bucks hired the guy and told him he was the heir apparent. When his boss retired, they hesitated to give him the job.

That is different than three executives all being eligible for a promotion in the organization. They cannot all have been promised the job.

I don't recall them telling him that but I think it was silently understood that was the plan
    And it would not surprise me if somebody in GB was given that impression hoping they'd hang around.
    Had anybody even interviewed Russ Ball for anything ? No reason to promise him a thing. The personnel guys are the worries.
    Would not surprise me if MM wanted to move on this in fear he loses one of the two who keep getting interest.

" Seems like reporter hyperbole." pbmax

YUP. These are Green Bay Packer Career Guys.

If one is hired (internally) as the New Packer GM; and that might be the Legendary Packer GM Ron Wolfe's son Elliot Wolfe (?).

Why would the other three all of a sudden in concert get miffed and leave Green Bay?

Will one or more desire retirement?

Is there any real reason to covet Packer Personnel people given Green Bay's results since winning the last Super Bowl?

Nope !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau