Thread: Official Vikings Week I Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Good lord. In the past 24 games (including playoffs), Davante Adams (@tae15adams) has caught 114 passes for 1,499 yards and 18 touchdowns.

A lot of #Packers fans had doubts about Adams. His numbers will continue to go up. Why? Said Mike McCarthy: "He's the real deal."
    I'd say he's a #2 who produces like a #1 because he's such a great fit with Rodgers. He can't run past many people but he can make them bite on his jukes then get get past 'em.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him on the FO list except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not as consistent as you'd like or a burner that can just flat out beat guys deep like some prototypical 1's such as A.J. Green

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd say he's a #2 who produces like a #1 because he's such a great fit with Rodgers. He can't run past many people but he can make them bite on his jukes then get get past 'em.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not consistent or a burner.
    The Man with 'the Stat's'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him on the FO list except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not as consistent as you'd like or a burner that can just flat out beat guys deep like some prototypical 1's such as A.J. Green
    He feels like a Reggie Wayne guy. Still growing into the NFL and has a good skill group around him. Hopefully he keeps getting better and better.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

This is basically how I feel and you did a great job doing the research and backing it up with numbers. I'm just uneasy with him as a #1. I don't think you can pay your receiving corps 30M per year, so I think one of Cobb, Nelson or Adams goes. My gut feeling is this is Nelson's last year with the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This is basically how I feel and you did a great job doing the research and backing it up with numbers. I'm just uneasy with him as a #1. I don't think you can pay your receiving corps 30M per year, so I think one of Cobb, Nelson or Adams goes. My gut feeling is this is Nelson's last year with the Packers.
    I think Cobb goes, his production is not worth 10 mil and do we have to resign Ha Ha this year as well? Gonna be an expensive offseason

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    I think Cobb goes, his production is not worth 10 mil and do we have to resign Ha Ha this year as well? Gonna be an expensive offseason
    I think Ha Ha is still under contract next year. It's Morgan Burnett who is a UFA.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

i think his catch rate % is affected by Rodgers throwing him low percentage type passes. most of the long balls go to him, high passes, jump balls, etc. so he ends up with over-throws, defensed passes, and the occasional drop that everyone but cobb have. jordy and cobb get a lot of their catches during scramble plays.